Ozzfest debacle (Osbournes vs. Iron Maiden) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2005, 07:19 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
I think it's obvious on Sharon's statement of what Bruce Dickinson did that he is an asshole and the rest of the band are a bunch of nice guys, as I said before. BD always did this kind of shit. For some reason he thinks he is King Metal or something and can do anything that he wants. He is always bashing bands. I don’t think it’s hard to understand in fact, IT'S VERY CLEAR: for no reason at all, he disrespected Ozzy and his family at their own Ozzfest. He got what he deserved, except for a good beating. Why the fuck would anyone defend that prick?

You can hate Ozzy, Black Sabbath and The Osbournes ad I can totally understand that. But Bruce Dickinson has less class than sewer rat. It’s fucking sad to see a man at forty something acting like a 14 year old brat.
Seems to me there are at least a couple of brats involved. If the Osbournes had such a problem with Dickinson/Iron Maiden all they needed to do was cut them from the tour. Being the saavy music pros they say they are, such an option should have been written into the contract. I seriously doubt Dickinson turned into a raving prick overnight, so certainly they had to know how he tends to behave prior to the tour.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:56 AM
there probably would not have been a big enough draw to the show without Maiden, as far as I can tell...

Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
And still no word from the Ozzman himself
He was quoted today regarding the whole scandal. Here's what he said:

"Ick 'aron ite. Aah, aah ve na prublm wi-wi-wi 'em."

Rock on Ozzy!!!....
Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Old 08-27-2005, 12:46 AM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Come on - Velvet Revolver could possibly have stepped in earlier. Audioslave perhaps. I'm trying to search for few big names - Marilyn Manson isnt touring, um, maybe Dickhead Corgan couldve pulled together the Pumpkins by now... heh heh. Wjats Axl Rose up to? Surely Guns N Roses could have lurched around for a few shows...
Old 08-27-2005, 07:58 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Seems to me there are at least a couple of brats involved. If the Osbournes had such a problem with Dickinson/Iron Maiden all they needed to do was cut them from the tour. Being the saavy music pros they say they are, such an option should have been written into the contract. I seriously doubt Dickinson turned into a raving prick overnight, so certainly they had to know how he tends to behave prior to the tour.
I doubt Iron Maiden would sign a contract with that kind of option. And I don't think they had a problem before with Maiden so why not sign them for the festival. The rest of the people in Iron Maiden are as great as their songs. It's that two faced lead singer of them that starts shit. Hey, Sharon is a bitch. She does stupid things and she went to same level Dickinson is by throwing eggs but that still doesn't erase the fact that the man was disrespectful to Ozzy for no reason.

And by the way, I'm sure that a lot of people went there to see Iron Maiden but I sure as hell doubt that most of the people went there just to see Maiden. The festival always did very well without Maiden as it says the numbers in Sharon's statement. Plus most of the people that like heavy metal would NEVER turn their back to see Black Sabbath and Ozzy. Who is still a great performer in my opinion!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:37 AM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:56 AM
IRON MAIDEN React To Boycott Sharon Initiative
2005-09-20 14:42:06

The following update has been posted at the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com:

After the unfortunate incidents at the last Maiden appearance at Ozzfest, fans put up a website looking to send Sharon Osbourne and the Ozzfest sponsors a letter to let them know how they felt.

Here's how Sanctuary music reacted:

"I just got a call from someone at Sanctuary music. They and the band are aware of the project and are floored by the effort put forth by their fans. However, they want to put this thing behind them and they have requested that the money raised be given to the Red Cross for Katrina relief.

I myself felt awkward promoting this in the aftermath of Katrina, but felt justified due to the good cause of the Clive Burr M.S. Trust. Iron Maiden's fundraising gig at the Hammersmith on September 2nd was a huge success for the Clive Trust thereby negating the immediate need for donations.

I respect the wishes of the band and their management. I also respect how they have taken the high road in every instance in regards to the events of Ozzfest.

I still feel impassioned about getting the word to Sharon that her behavior was unacceptable. I am therefore going to write up the letter to her, and mail it directly to her offices and to all of the sponsors of Ozzfest with my signature and the ones who donated.

Thank you to all who donated, thank you to all who emailed, thank you to all who cared. Every cent of the donations will be given over immediately to the Red Cross. If I can, I will donate it in Clive's name.

John Farrell."

Shows how much class the band has.

>>>saw the update, thought I'd post<<<