Oxegen....no it is not a typo...tis how it really is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok anyone likely going around these parts?

I went last year with some friends...one being someone who came all the way from the States to go....she had the time of her life.

For those who don't know, Oxegen is the big Irish music festival held at Punchestown race course in Kildare....it really is a great festival, everyone is friendly and free with their drink:wink: ...very very very free with their drink i should say :p Anyway if your up for a bit of camping do come along....the sing songs last throughout the night and the lineup is excellent this year....honestly if you can go...do go simple as that......its like a fantasy land (especially since most of the time you are quite tipsy, dying of dehydration/heat stroke and general lack of sleep...:drool: )

This year's lineup so far:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Sun
The Who - Sat
The Strokes - Sat
Kaiser Chiefs - Sun
Franz Ferdinand - Sun
BellX1 - Sun
Arctic Monkeys - Sat
Richard Ashcroft - Sat
Sigur Ros - Sun
Manu Chao - Sun
Primal Scream - Sat
Damian Marley - Sun
Felix Da Housecat - Sun
David Morales - Sat
The Magic Numbers - Sat
James Brown - Sat
Placebo - Sun
Timo Mass - Sat

Plenty more acts to be announced something for everyone.....

*i hold no affiliation with the company that runs Oxegen...my only connection is Oxegen is Irish and so am I.

Not going but my sis is planning on. Should be good, especially if it gets the weather it got last year! Two hottest days of the year!!!!!!! The Who, Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand should be great.

Chili's should be good too but I've found myself getting sick of them lately. Good line up so far though. Preferring it to last years anyway at the mo!

Come on it has The Who which should alone be worth the entrance fee :D

I am trying to drag an army of friends to it...hmm maybe i could bring my own marquee...that would be fun:p

I distinctly remember it raining from around 5 to about 8 on Saturday morning...then it got extremely hot:p

Line up looks very good, and for anybody who hasn't yet, I'd definitely recommend seeing Sigur Ros live. Fantastic band. Problem for me is that the 8th and 9th of July is the last weekend of the World Cup and I think that's the weekend Oxegen's on. Plus, I really think that Radiohead might tour later in the year so I think I'll save the old spondoolies for that.

doesn't Oxegen usually have the same lineup as T in the Park? Sorry, i could be wrong, but if so you are very lucky to get Placebo when Scotland doesn't

Yeh usually lineups between Oxegen and T are the same, except usually for minor bands and what not, they just rotate the days the bands play ie. the Who headline Oxegen on Sat while they headline T on Sun....both festivals are put on by the same folks...but i do know there are some differences...didnt T have Travis last year? Oxegen didnt and im pretty sure there was at least one other big name that didnt play Oxegen but did T...

Usually i find the second main stage is the place to be, the ticket stage....tis where i saw my two best performances at Oxegen last year, Kasabian and New Order.

ooooooooooooh........i need e-mail addresses now:wink:

I am trying to pool together people from Bristol to go, getting a mate at Southampton to get friends there to go, trying to get in contact with my cousin at Oxford to go and get friends there to go...hmm also friends from home are going......

Oh god im going to have to get a marquee just for us all:D

Hey Kat you should come too wooooo woooo...

LJT said:
ooooooooooooh........i need e-mail addresses now:wink:

I am trying to pool together people from Bristol to go, getting a mate at Southampton to get friends there to go, trying to get in contact with my cousin at Oxford to go and get friends there to go...hmm also friends from home are going......

Oh god im going to have to get a marquee just for us all:D

Hey Kat you should come too wooooo woooo...

I'll give them to you next time you're on msn... stranger :sexywink:

I don't think I'll make it to Ireland till next summer unforunately.

here is the link by the way though the site is down right now

http://www.oxegen.ie/home/

Back
Top Bottom