Owning TooMuchMusic Is Bad... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-15-2004, 04:00 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:18 PM
Well, I simply don't have any free space in my room anymore to store my precious CDs (who also have to compete for shelf space with books and collectibles). I also have trouble trying to get rid of CDs that I don't really listen too, cause every one has at least one or two songs I really like and I don't have the heart,

But naaah, there can't be too much music,

Old 01-16-2004, 09:54 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:18 PM
I listened to myself and went cd shopping. Picked up the new releases from Sting, Mary J Blige and Warren Zevon. I'm in my happy place.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean, SoulfulMofo. I just ordered 4 CDs at one time and thought, geez, that's a mistake. Now I'll get a feel for 4 new things instead of really taking one in deeply. I think this syndrome is connected to the intensity of media in general, the constant assault on our senses which scatters our attention and ability to focus on one thing, creating a false sense of always needing the next thing before the thing in front of us is absorbed. Also, back in the days of albums it was too much trouble to get up and move the needle to skip a song I didn't like so I really listened to records beginning to end. Now if I'm in the kitchen cooking while music is on, I have the remote control with me and with a click I can skip songs. It's like too much music has created music ADHD or something.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM   #19
Jesus Online
Local Time: 08:18 AM
if it gets to the point where it is overwhelming, it can't be enjoyed. if you dont enjoy your current music situation, it must be changed somehow so you dont end up not enjoying it.
music is made to be listened to and loved. take care of it, nurture it!

and water once a day...
or not.

i am in the too much and not enough boat. i am overwhelmed and confused.
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 01-19-2004, 06:28 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Popmartijn
As Bob Dylan once remarked to a concert-goer. "I don't believe you, you're a liar!"
You can never own too many CD's.

C ya!

Marty (not yet at the 500, but has 300+)

I don't know about the things I said before... Last weekend I moved my CD's to my new house. Despite having bought 2 CD-racks (for 180 CD's each) I still don't have enough space to store them all. So maybe it is possible to have too many CD's...

Old 01-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:18 PM
It's not about how many you own. It's about how many you listen to. I don't trust someone who listens to a cd once and can say it's good. I'm more interested in the record someone insists you get because it's so amazing they're on their 3rd cd because of use or sharing. Those are the fucking sweet ones. The trend buys just seem to gather dust after a month. I've got a music industry buddy w/ 2,000+ cds, yet when we're on a road trip listening to a mix I made he'll be like "who's this?", I'll tell him, and remind him he OWNS the record.

"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan