Overused or Annoying Movie Cliches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that anyone driving a vehicle in a movie can look only at the person in the seat next to him while holding an extended conversation....and not run off the road.

When there is a war scene in the film and the hero is outnumbered yet the hero always fight on the front lines and (face to face) with the enemy and never gets injured.

The woman who is out late at night who decides to take a shortcut through a dark alley.

Top of my head...thanks to Star Wars

*bad crash landing*

Obi Wan: "another safe landing"

har har..hilarious...

Halifax said:
*from moviecliches.com*

My favourtie is always "The Movie Telephone Time Vortex".

How often have you seen something like this:
Phone rings. Hero/Heroine picks it up. "Hello. Yes. O.k. Right. Thanks, Goodbye." (Total elapsed time on phone: 5 seconds.)

Hero/Heroine turns to other character: "That was John. He says that the Marilyn left for the lawyer's office about an hour ago, and she should have been there by now. He's called the lawyer's office but Marilyn apparently never got there. He also called Bill's, thinking she'd stop by there, but Bill hasn't seen her. John says he's going to call Anne, as Marilyn said she and Ann were going to go shopping sometime today. If she's not at Anne's, he's going to call the police. He suggests that we drive over to Mario's and check with him as to whether or not Marilyn told Wally about the statue. However, he thinks this is unlikely as Marilyn doesn't trust Wally, she only trusts us and Fransisco. John also suggests we try to get in touch with Fransisco . . . ."

:lol: Best thing I've read all day.

U2democrat said:
The damsel in distress...women who faint at the sign of fear. Please, we're not all weak like that.

no weakling here
is ripley is packin' ?
SIG2.jpg

The villian with the insane laugh.

The brooding hero that never cracks a smile.

Slow motion when someone gets hurt or dies especially the hero
when you could actually see the bullets come out of the gun.

The popular girls/guys in teen movies who walk in school and everyone is staring at them in awe.

Then there is the one where they want to save a few hundred thousand on special effects and you hear one side of a telephone conversation:
"What? LA has been wiped out by a massive tidal wave?"
"And New York has been attacked by billions of killer bees?"
"And London has been nuked?"
"OMG"

The sex scene that seems out of place right before the big battle or before someone dies ex: King Arthur, The Terminator

The villian with a split personality

Remember all those 80s and early 90s Hollywood action films where the villain was ALWAYS English and ALWAYS either a upper class ex-Etonian or a working class cockney? That used to really annoy me. Still, it kept Alan Rickman in work I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom