Overnight Walk for Suicide Prevention - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 01:25 PM
Overnight Walk for Suicide Prevention

Fellow U2 fans:

I am walking in an overnight walk to prevent suicide and I need y'all's support. I thought I would turn to this forum for help. If anyone is interested in donating, I would really really appreciate it.

This June 9-10, Debbie (my fiancée) and I will be walking in the New York City Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk. It is a 20 mile fundraising walk that begins at sunset and ends at sunrise to help the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

This is a cause that has, unfortunately, affected my fiancée personally. Four and a half years ago, on Nov. 19, 2002, her 24-year-old brother, Jeffrey, took his own life.

Please help me raise money for this cause that is very close to our hearts.

You can donate by following the link below to donate $20 (or more!) to Team Jeff. If the link doesn't work, go to TheOvernight.org and search for Joe Beaudin.

If you cannot donate $20, any amount will help. If you really want to be a hero, please pass this along to anyone you know who might be interested in supporting our team.

I really appreciate your support!

The Out of the Darkness Overnight is a 20-mile walk over the course of one night. Net proceeds benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, funding research, education, and awareness programs – both to prevent suicide and to assist those affected by suicide.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:25 AM

But the thread is probably going to get closed. Journal it, my friend!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 06:25 AM
Yeah I'm sorry, while its for a good cause, we do not allow any advertising of any kind or threads asking for donations whatsoever.