Overall Comparison Of The Quality Of Popular Music, 1991-2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it makes you feel any better, the Rockstar show isn't nearly as popular as American Idol. :wink:

I might be wrong, but I don't think it's doing as well as it did its first go-round (with INXS), so with a little luck, it won't get picked up for another season.

corianderstem said:
Well, the title tells you everything you need to know about the plot, so really, it's perfect! It's about kids in high school and a musical they're putting on.

(And about keeping true to yourself and having a crush and the theater club drama queen getting their comeuppance.)

:reject:

Hmm...I think I've seen this movie...a couple hundred times. Mean Girls put to music, those Hollywood writers are really taking the industry to the edge.

No, it's nothing like Mean Girls. Even the lone bitchy character in High School Musical is pretty tame.

That's the charm of the movie, I think. It's (dare I say it) pretty wholesome and fairly lacking in irony, which makes it pretty refreshing in pop culture these days.

I think it's nice something like that has caught on with the younger crowd, especially when it's outselling things like the Pussycat Dolls.

I'd say popular music peaked in the 60s and 70s, and maybe a bit in the 80s

ever since then it's mostly crap (popular music that is)

especially if you include the pop and rap stuff in it (although Kanye is respectable)

corianderstem said:
If it makes you feel any better, the Rockstar show isn't nearly as popular as American Idol. :wink:

I might be wrong, but I don't think it's doing as well as it did its first go-round (with INXS), so with a little luck, it won't get picked up for another season.

Well, just to complete the circle of hell, it's reported that The Pussycat Dolls will add another member via television contest.

Oh, ewwwww. Eddie Murphy should host it as his old SNL character Velvet Jones, and they should name the show "I Wanna Be a Ho (Or At Least Look Like One)."

Back
Top Bottom