Out of these three albums (Snow Patrol/Killers), which should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Slow Loris said:

Are you sure you have the record (Eyes Open)? :wink: Or is "Eye is Open" a joke?!

Snowlock said:
Final Straw sucked. Eye's Open is excellent.

A joke or I just don't know the proper, grammatical name of an album that I own. You tell me.

Final Straw has the two best Snow Patrol songs:

Spitting Games and Run

Those two songs alone, along with Grazed Knees, Wow, Chocolate, How to Be Dead make that album worth owning.

All imo of course.

inmyplace13 said:

A joke or I just don't know the proper, grammatical name of an album that I own. You tell me.
Rigggght.....
inmyplace13 said:
Turn On The Bright Lights > anything mentioned so far

But of those, get Final Straw despite Snowlock's assertion that it sucked and "Eye is Open" is a better record.
Where in your post do you say you own the album? (Some people do put album titles in quotes, you know. Is it my fault I needed clarification?)

EDIT: I suppose I didn't understand the joke originally, cause I didn't realize you were making fun of someone for their grammer.....jokes aimed to point out trivial mistakes by others sometimes fly past me.

Last edited:
The Slow Loris said:

Without thinking about it, which album did you just enjoy the most?

PS. I stayed in Edinburgh the summer before last. Beautiful city!

probably Eyes Open it just beats Sam's Town.

Cool about staying in Edinburgh, its ace here.

interpol
interpol
interpol
interpol

...just to reiterate.

:cool:

VertigoGal said:
lmjhitman said:
interpol
interpol
interpol
interpol

...just to reiterate.

:cool:

:yes:

I'd probably go with Antics first, since it's the more accessible effort. Then I'd go for Turn on the Bright Lights, the "artier" album. Both are very, very good though.

New Interpol in 2007. :drool:

Last edited:
XHendrix24 said:

:yes:

I'd probably go with Antics first, since it's the more accessible effort. Then I'd go for Turn on the Bright Lights, the "artier" album. Both are very, very good though.

I actually think I'd actually recommend Turn On The Bright Lights first. I bought both albums at the same time and found myself listening to TOTBL far more. That album is near perfect from start to finish. That guitar in Untitled...it just sends shivers down my spine. It's so simple too. Just a tiny little slide, but it works so well. NYC is beautiful. As is Hands Away. It's all good.

So yeah, loris, go with Interpol.

Zootlesque said:
Just want to further explain my choices...

Eyes Open is more accessible... much easier to get into than Final Straw, imo. I heard EO first and instantly liked pretty much every single song. Final Straw is still kinda growing on me. It has some great songs but sounds kinda indie or something compared to EO's more mainstream sound.

That EO is more accessible and polished is my main strike against it. I felt that, with the exception of a couple songs, the polish took away from Snow Patrol's inherently experimental-ish personality.

Back
Top Bottom