Out of the mouths of babes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enggirl

Acrobat
My niece Bella is 5 1/2 and is making funny connections between words. For instance, when my sister and her family moved from a two-story to a one-story house, Bella said they lived "on one book"!

Well, I loaned the Chicago DVD to my sister (she & I went to the Cleveland show in Dec.), and I guess she was telling Bella who the people in the video were. Bono is "Bonzo"--which figures. But The Edge is "cliff"!!!!! :lol:

I just had to share...

enggirl said:
My niece Bella is 5 1/2 and is making funny connections between words. For instance, when my sister and her family moved from a two-story to a one-story house, Bella said they lived "on one book"!

Well, I loaned the Chicago DVD to my sister (she & I went to the Cleveland show in Dec.), and I guess she was telling Bella who the people in the video were. Bono is "Bonzo"--which figures. But The Edge is "cliff"!!!!! :lol:

I just had to share...

you were in cleveland? :rockon:

that's so cute :lol: cliff hahaha...well...it makes sense...like the edge of a cliff...:wink: my little sister is six and she teases me about my "boyfriend" Bono. At the end of 2004 I cut up my U2 calender and put the pictures up around my room and she came in and was like "what. are. you. DOING! omigosh this is SO embarassing, why do you love BONO so much, omigosh I'm going to tell dad on you, DAD SISTER IS PUTTING PICTURES OF BONO ALL OVER HER ROOOOOOMM!!!!" I was just sorta like :huh: At one point she even thought Bono was my best friend, she was like "remember that time bono came to our house and put a lamp on his head?" and I was like "um...actually that was Alec" (my best friend, he was playing hide and seek with my siblings :p ) and she seemed confused. I guess I talk about Bono so much she assumes I know him. She often asks me to call him up and seems surprised that I don't know his number.

I used to nanny everyday for 4 kids. At the time I was reading U2: At the End of the World for the first time. The youngest, Aubrey, 3, was always asking about the story and wanting me to read to her. She said the book was boring though b/c it didn't have any pictures. I brought her BP Fallon's book, also about ZooTV, but mostly pictures. She would let me read for hours while she paged through Fallon's book telling herself stories about "Baaaahno". One morning, as the mom was on the way out, Aubrey wakes up, comes running down the stairs and yells, "mommy! I remembered BAHno is from Ireland!"

Little kids are such goofballs! I like it when they suddenly remember things that happened "when I was a baby"...at 5 she's STILL a "baby"!!
I'm glad you all enjoyed the story!
AtomicBono: I posted pics over on the Cleveland thread in the tour board...check 'em out in case you missed 'em. Cleveland <sgh>....

Back
Top Bottom