Our pet bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Clash
clash-still5830.jpg

AFI
afi.jpg

One of these things is not like the other.... :wink:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
drop kick does remind me of i was bored. i have never heard a song by them, but when i was in San Jose last weekend i saw a guy walking with a drop kick murphy shirt on. he looked like a gangster too. i had to do a double take because i recognized the name of the band and almost made a comment out loud about it. :silent:

You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'll go into a record store and see the names of all these bands, some of whom I've never even listened to, and I'll feel like I know so much about them. When I went and bought HTTT, I was going on and on about maybe buying the Sparklehorse CD I found in the used CDs bin. My husband is like "How the :censored: did you hear about that band? Who are they?" And I'm trying to explain that hey, I just heard about them in BandC. The same thing happened when I started buying everything I could find by Placebo. And I also saw someone wearing a Dropkick Murphys shirt and thought, "Hey, I know someone who would like that!" :laugh:

And bonosgirl84, I meant to list you as the Fiona Apple and Nirvana fan. Sorry I forgot, especially because I love Fiona too! She even sings "I'll be your pet" in one of her songs. :ohmy:

Elevatedmole, I would say you are definitely the resident Beck expert. :up:

hahahahahahaha

you guys see DKM shirts walking around and know who the band is without ever hearing them! haha that's hilarious! in a great way :D

i do the same thing where i go to a store and see all sorts of stuff, or at the radio station i pull stuff off the shelfs cos people recommended it here, i download stuff and put it on mix cds... i'll be at home listening to something and my mom will go 'who's this? where did you hear of them?'...

nice clash picture, mofo :up:

Elvis Presley said:
Sigur Ros
:up: I saw them at glastonbury. I liked them before, but I wasn't crazy about them or anything. They gave an amazing performance though. It was raining getting dark, and it just fit SO perfectly. They totally played off of the weather and it gives me chills remembering...so beautiful.

I do not tell stories....I bet if you added up my posts and number of words I'd be miles behind a lot of the regulars. I really try to be brief.
I do have a diverse taste in music , that is for sure. Not a day goes by and I am not filled with wonder and appreciation at the joy and beauty music creates. I had me a big old think yesterday about what bizarre creatures humans really are and the trappings of life with which we surround ourselves. I ended up deciding we are truly fortunate to be the organism on the planet that creates art...including music.
woops ..I told a story.
I'm just stoked my internet service is up and running......without interuption at the moment, so yep...blah, blah blah)
:silent:

jkayet said:
:up: I saw them at glastonbury. I liked them before, but I wasn't crazy about them or anything. They gave an amazing performance though. It was raining getting dark, and it just fit SO perfectly. They totally played off of the weather and it gives me chills remembering...so beautiful.

wow, amazing, I saw them in Louisville earlier this year, awesome show...:drool:

Not that I post all that much but whenever there's a "Top 5 Favorite Bands" thread around I'm usually responsible for mentioning Curve, Catherine Wheel and The Blue Nile.

And I gotta mention The Police and Underworld too! :)

Yellow Ledbetter Letterhead Memo.

Zsa Zsa,

You forgot the Music and the Who.

I want to see an updated list on my desk Monday morning. If not, I will come armed.

cujo
C.E.HO.
disgruntled to the point of bliss since 1836.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
the prayer chain/ the lassie foundation (same people)

:shifty: not that anyone's heard of them

theSoulfulMofo said:
the prayer chain/ the lassie foundation (same people)

:shifty: not that anyone's heard of them

I have....then again you sent me a cd full of them. :up:

Re: Yellow Ledbetter Letterhead Memo.

Pinball Wizard said:
Zsa Zsa,

You forgot the Music and the Who.

I want to see an updated list on my desk Monday morning. If not, I will come armed.

cujo
C.E.HO.
disgruntled to the point of bliss since 1836.

:sexywink:

:wave:

Pinball Wizard said:
Hey.

You should also expand IWB's pet band list.

It's far too short.

:up:

:D :shifty:

in addition to the clash and DKM...

stiff little fingers, the pogues, live, flogging molly, bad religion, greg graffin's solo work, rancid, barenaked ladies, joe strummer & the mescaleros just to name a few

ti-hua said:
Not that I post all that much but whenever there's a "Top 5 Favorite Bands" thread around I'm usually responsible for mentioning Curve, Catherine Wheel and The Blue Nile.

And I gotta mention The Police and Underworld too! :)

Curve? I own Doppelganger, and I am pretty sure I've never met another person who's heard of them. Catherine Wheel are also :up: .

And sorry to forget your other pet bands, Cujo. I must have left that memo on the copier.

Ah, the photocopier. What fond memories! :sexywink: :macdevil:

HeartlandGirl said:

Curve? I own Doppelganger, and I am pretty sure I've never met another person who's heard of them.

If you like Doppelganger you should pick up just about anything else that they've done. Then never stray too much from their original sound so it's all good!! :)

At the very top of my list is The Church, and of course solo Steve Kilbey

Also great are:

Gersey
David Lane
JLK
The Crystal Set
Tha Bhagavad Guitars
The Waterboys (mostly on the strength of Fisherman's Blues
Van Morrison
Cocteau Twins
Marty Willson-Piper
Halogen

also just getting into Pugwash, but very cool so far

zonelistener said:
Although...I think I would fit with a ton of bands that RARELY get discussed here (Stone Roses, Love and Rockets, Replacements, Etc.).

Same here.

The other band I'm really into besides U2 is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (heh, Tom's birthday was yesterday :D).

I have shared things involving them a couple times on here...but they're not a band that does get a lot of talk in this area of the boards.

Angela

Pugwash? Sounds like a day at my house!

And Dropkick Murphys were in OKC last night...I'm looking at you, IWB! :D Our newspaper had a half page article and photo about them, so needless to say, I thought of you immediately.

people may not know me for it in b&c, but here in my physical life, i'm always talking about jeff buckley...*shrug*...he is my second favorite//first on some days...

HeartlandGirl said:
Pugwash? Sounds like a day at my house!

And Dropkick Murphys were in OKC last night...I'm looking at you, IWB! :D Our newspaper had a half page article and photo about them, so needless to say, I thought of you immediately.

:lol: :up:

Back
Top Bottom