Our Lady Peace: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Personally I'm a big fan. Naveed is one of the best alternative albums I've ever heard. Starseed and Naveed are fine hard rock tunes. Clumsy was a solid follow up w/ tunes like Superman's Dead and the title track. I think Happiness... was a little weak but they definitely came back strong w/ Spiritual Machines...

Anyone else have an opinion?

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Naveed, great album, I agree completely on starseed and naveed and also supersatellite, the birdman is pretty good too but not spectacular.

Clumsy, probably my favorite album, 4 am is my favorite song (not just regarding OLP), Clumsy, Superman's Dead, Automatic Flowers, Carnival, Shaking are all also great songs, and the rest of the album is good.

Happiness, it has some really solid tunes on it, weakest album perhaps, but thats taking into consideration my opinion of the calibre of their other work. One Man Army, Happiness, Blister, Is Anybody Home, Theif (especially theif), and Stealing babies are all good tracks.

Spiritual Machines, I cannot say enough good things about this album... Right behind you gets my two thumbs up as song of the album. In repair, Life, Middle of yesterday, Made to heal, are all great tunes as well. Probably my second favorite off the album, I didnt include in the list there, Are you Sad?... I cant even describe how this song makes me feel, but its very similar to the way 4am effects me.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents sofaras albums go.

Raine has always seemed a little crazy to me, Duncan is a great bassist who puts on a pretty good show if you ever get to see them live. I was sortof dissapointed when Mike Turner left the group, but with any luck it wont slow down the production of the next album, cuz I want my new album dammit!!!

i like 'em. raine can't sing live though. horrible live actually.

------------------
Tetradic Glossary

Zipper
(A) Amplifies grip, clasp
(B) Obsolesces buttons, snaps
(C) Brings back classic, flowing robes
(D) Flips into (velcro) adhesive
The Global Village by McLuhan & Powers

I like 'em. Not hugely, but I definately enjoy their music.

Back
Top Bottom