Ouch! (A tribute to those thousands of random injuries) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2002, 03:59 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 10:43 AM
Normal I'm full of dumb accidents

I don't remember how old I was 9 or 10, but I had my fingers shut in a car door. Not just any car door, but one of those brady bunch station wagons were the doors weigh a million pounds. No one noticed at first until I started screaming.

In first grade we were playing jump over the little wooden fence and my shin landed right on it...they were worried it was broken.

In college while working in crappy fast food, they had just mopped the kitchen floor and I slipped and my left arm came down on a rack that holds the buns. These things have these dull spikey things on them and I had big bruises up and down my arm.

Then about a couple of years ago I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, missteped and cracked my ankle into the door frame.

But I have never had a broken bone, or needed stitches, or been to a hospital for anything injury related.

Old 11-25-2002, 11:28 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean
But I have never had a broken bone, or needed stitches, or been to a hospital for anything injury related.
Me neither. I feel very lucky.

Old 11-25-2002, 01:20 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

stupidest injury ever: i was sewing a pillow with my friend (i was an odd child...) and i had my sewing scissors in my hand. i kneeled on the bed with my hands at my side, and proceeded to shift my weight to the side. so in essence, i stabbed myself in the side of the knee with a very sharp scissors. it went in almost an inch.

i am soooooo accident prone...i've had so many stitches and scars...i can't even count them...
Old 11-25-2002, 07:13 PM   #19

Local Time: 09:43 PM
ignorance can be deadly...I've had a couple of gashes here and there..deep gash on my thumb when I was modelling with a scapel..even better that some of the modelling glue mixed into the wound which made it sting that much better...burnt my hand on a porcelain drying kiln while checking for cold spots..gave my head a little crack on your average park swing by losing my balance during my descent and falling back onto the support structure~which explains a little..fell through a shed roof trying to collect our stray football~almost covered myself in creosote on the way down...actually achieved that little gem a while later by covering myself in creosote round a friends house which was never my fault....the only feasible medically accepted way to remove the damn stuff being a little dash of petrol~followed by the longest bath known to man..not all wound orientated and not necessarily physical wounds..mental wounds certainly..and I never ever broke a single bone which I stay thankful..and never any eye related injuries which make me cringe as I read some of your stories
Old 11-26-2002, 03:47 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:43 AM
Let's see....

The most recent was about two years ago. I was rollerblading on a bikepath and thinking what a good skater I was! Right then, my front wheel got caught in a crumbly bit of asphalt and I went down. Of course, I wasn't wearing kneepads and I tore up both my knees, falling so hard on my right knee that it just turned black immediately and swelled up. It wasn't broken, just bruised bad. My knees are all scarred up--last time I went without kneepads.

A few yards away on the same bikepath, when I was a kid, I tore open the same knee when wading in the creek and have a big, jagged scar across it.

Broke my big toe tripping over some shoes and had to wear a knee-high cast for six weeks.

Broke my nose at Water World.

And that's not even getting into childhood--most notable of which are pulling a tv on myself as a young toddler and falling off a swing and cracking my head open at school. (The Nurse's Office: "She's consicous and not hurt that bad. Do you want her to stay and attend class?" I was pouring blood!)

Nice to read gruesome tales from others!
Elisabeth
Old 11-26-2002, 05:56 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 04:43 PM
hmmmmm let me think.......

my sister once dropped me upside down in our outside bin when I was little and I cracked my head and couldn't get out the bin

when I was about 7 I used to play elastics in the school playground (do you know elastics? where you make a big loop of elastic and stretch it out and jump on it - kinda like cats cradle with feet) I played too much and was jumping too high and got hairline fractures in my heels. I had to have crutches for ages

Also when I was little we were playing a game called traffic lights at school. When the teacher shouted 'red' we all had to sit down as quick as possible. I sat down really quickly, and my knee banged my chin and I bit through my tongue. It was hanging off by a small piece, and for weeks my party trick was to stick my tongue out and let it flop. Pretty gross.

about 2 months ago I was dancing in open toed sandals in a nightclub and I kicked a beer bottle out of my way from the dance floor. I didn't notice till I got home but I had split the whole end of my big toe open. Then 6 weeks later a huge chunk of glass fell out of my toe. Another bigger chunk fell out a week later. No wonder it hurt so much and wouldn't heal!

My best friends sister was playing netball and somebody was behind her when she jumped. she got a tooth embedded in her head.

Oh dear. I'm a bit accident prone.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:04 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2

Oh dear. I'm a bit accident prone.

a bit?!

Old 11-26-2002, 06:53 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

a bit? yeah...and u2 is a kind of good band...

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
Also when I was little we were playing a game called traffic lights at school. When the teacher shouted 'red' we all had to sit down as quick as possible. I sat down really quickly, and my knee banged my chin and I bit through my tongue. It was hanging off by a small piece, and for weeks my party trick was to stick my tongue out and let it flop. Pretty gross.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:22 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
cracking my head open at school. (The Nurse's Office: "She's consicous and not hurt that bad. Do you want her to stay and attend class?" I was pouring blood!)

well what did you end up doing? Stayed in class while you bled to death or went to the hospital?