Ottawa music fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badyouken

Acrobat
The Stills, Metric, les Cowboys Fringants & others will be performing in Confederation Park on September 5th for $11.50! It's hosted by the Student Federation of the University of Ottawa; I don't know if only students can go but it's worth checking out!

I thought that The Stills put on a pretty sucky show when I saw them...:reject:...but I :heart: their album.

Bonochick said:
I thought that The Stills put on a pretty sucky show when I saw them...:reject:...but I :heart: their album.

I remember seeing The Stills live not too long after you posted your displeasure with their performance... maybe it was the low expectation I went into the concert with, but I found them to be quite enjoyable. Even though there's not much variety to The Stills' set at the moment, touring religiously with their Canadian peers has polished their sound a bit and has enriched their improv stylings.

The album is pretty decent for a first release.

:up:

cujo said:

I remember seeing The Stills live not too long after you posted your displeasure with their performance... maybe it was the low expectation I went into the concert with, but I found them to be quite enjoyable. Even though there's not much variety to The Stills' set at the moment, touring religiously with their Canadian peers has polished their sound a bit and has enriched their improv stylings.

The album is pretty decent for a first release.

:up:

Mayhaps I was too busy trying not to pee myself in anticipation of Ryan Adams that it was just impossible for me to fully enjoy The Stills as the opening act. :lol:

cujo said:
Even though there's not much variety to The Stills' set at the moment, touring religiously with their Canadian peers has polished their sound a bit and has enriched their improv stylings.
who did you see them touring with, cujo?

lmjhitman said:

who did you see them touring with, cujo?

Privileged enough to see them open for Broken Social Scene in Calgary. It was such good times. Except for when Raising The Fawn started the show... more like Raising The YAWN.

Shittily-shambaloo that was shitarious!!!

:sexywink:

Unfortunately, I will miss out on BSS this time around. Will you request Late Nineties Bedroom Rock For The Missionaries in my absence? Thanks in advance.

cujo said:
Unfortunately, I will miss out on BSS this time around. Will you request Late Nineties Bedroom Rock For The Missionaries in my absence? Thanks in advance.
sheesh cujo, i'm going to have to start writing all this down. :sexywink:

seriously though, it's great that you were able to see bss the last time around. i hope you're able to catch some shows wherever it is that you're going.

And likewise, I wish you musical adventures of mantastic proportions.

Thanks for being my request messenger. I like to let those Canadian bands visiting the Western provinces know that I'm still around.

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom