Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi Ian, go do something sensible and get in on the new Survivor in EYKIW. It can be like old times.

Said it on Facebook but:

My pen only works on the magazine I just got today (like no fucking shit). I've got several email addresses in corners of the very article I got the magazine for.

Go figure.

Do I have to leave my air conditioned office? It's fucking hot and windy out there.

ARE WE READY FOR HAYFEVER.

Because my nose has been nuts for it this year, far worse than the last few.

You'll ace it.

No really. It's amazing how often I've had dumb luck in situations where all signs pointed to failure.

You'll ace it.

No really. It's amazing how often I've had dumb luck in situations where all signs pointed to failure.

I once finished an interview, walked up to my manager, when she asked how it went I said at least it was good practice (nevermind I'd reached the point where I was sweating in the interview and simply never expected to be within a mile of the job anyway).

Turns out my future manager had gone to her before the interview and their conversation was enough for me to get the job so long as I didn't drool on myself of develop tourette's during the interview.

Oh yeah, half the time all that gets me out of bed during summer is knowing there's sweet, sweet air con at work.

I used to accept overtime in summer just to get somewhere chilly. Or I'd just rock up and hang out. Or stay late and annoy people.

This does not apply when the air con fails (too often, I worked with sleeves rolled up too often) or if the power to the area goes and you learn that the air con (and half of the computers in the place) don't revert to the backup diesel generator.

Also the carpark door doesn't revert either so the genny has a very limited lifespan unless you can work out how to open it manually.

Even the exit door through there doesn't work and it has a push to exit button. Fuck that was hilarious for anyone watching when I discovered it wasn't powered.

Geez I'm glad we haven't had a power failure at my work. I genuinely have no clue how these people would cope, and I'm dead sure our shitty new building would find ways to lock us in and seal off all oxygen.

Geez I'm glad we haven't had a power failure at my work. I genuinely have no clue how these people would cope, and I'm dead sure our shitty new building would find ways to lock us in and seal off all oxygen.

If the generator went dead I am convinced we'd have been locked in. We were down to less than 50% of desks available and I pinned the only working door open (it was a sliding door, too, so I'm REALLY glad it didn't break).

Auckland and Tokyo are likely to suffer similar fates at the hands of geological forces, so it's not ENTIRELY wrong.

Well aren't you the one ending up in all the sport things right now.

Auckland and Tokyo are likely to suffer similar fates at the hands of geological forces, so it's not ENTIRELY wrong.

Funnily enough I'd glanced at it before but didn't pay attention, it looked like the right picture for when I'd looked - car located north of large body of water- (If I need a GPS I'm using Google Maps on my phone) but I looked when I was leaving the house today and it was blatantly obvious it was Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom