Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered if anyone EVER would have noticed if we'd hijacked a game thread and ran it as a Superthread. Would anyone have noticed?

My god it's tempting.

Hate every time those flood the new posts feed.

Because it's about the journey and not the destination!

I'm actually not being sarcastic. This year I've spent more time getting to/from Greymouth and Wellington than actually being there.

Oh yeah, but I think everyone agrees the train through the Rockies is a truly sensational journey, while nobody even thinks to go on the weird Manitoba one I'm considering.

Oh yeah, but I think everyone agrees the train through the Rockies is a truly sensational journey, while nobody even thinks to go on the weird Manitoba one I'm considering.

Yes, and if everyone jumped off a bridge....

This is the beauty of planning. Dare to dream and if you're really sure it won't work, don't do it.

I've got to avoid my usual travel planning problem of trying to do way too much.

I've got sunburnt in ridiculous situations before but you've topped me there.

A Sal's Pizza which also sells Ben & Jerry's ice cream has opened nearby.

There is half a kilo of ice cream with my name on it in our freezer, and a few slices of pizza in mind tomorrow should I decide to visit them.

Which, let's face it, I will.

Well that game between the Stars and Thunder was really good. Great promo for the WBBL.

A Sal's Pizza which also sells Ben & Jerry's ice cream has opened nearby.

There is half a kilo of ice cream with my name on it in our freezer, and a few slices of pizza in mind tomorrow should I decide to visit them.

Which, let's face it, I will.

Eat them now.

I actually can't say ice cream has ever been a go-to drunk food for me, much as I love it.

Chips, on the other hand, vanish.

OK, I really hope I pull finger and actually do this travel rather than sitting around pondering it and then don't get around to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Tuit-Tokens-25-Tuits/dp/B008OVQZR4

Do I need to get you one of these?

You bastard.

It's just way too easy to NOT organise anything. Plus, damn, things are pricey.

Occasionally I wake up and wonder why there are a couple of empties lying around, but yeah I usually do remember. Maybe I'm not totally incompetent after all.

I have a mate who's talking to me this evening running around the same issue we've discussed for years with no resolution, along the same lines. I just don't know what I'm even meant to say any more, especially as I'm friends with both sides of the dispute and don't want to alienate either. Bloody hell I just want a relaxing evening.

We expect empties. I've used the pool skimmer before....

Ahaha, if I expected there to be that many I'd hope I have a box to put them in!

Of course, it being just me, or occasionally one for company, means the amount of empties isn't exactly high. Especially not when the tipple of choice is wine not beer.

OK, I'm pretty sure I definitely want to do more than I have time to do. Or, for that matter, money. I have pretty good savings, but damn long-distance train travel is pricey. And I've always been bad at staying places cheaply. I inevitably end up somewhere nice.

Ahaha, if I expected there to be that many I'd hope I have a box to put them in!

Of course, it being just me, or occasionally one for company, means the amount of empties isn't exactly high. Especially not when the tipple of choice is wine not beer.

It wasn't there were too many, just more of a "what the hell are those bottles doing there?"

OK, I'm pretty sure I definitely want to do more than I have time to do. Or, for that matter, money. I have pretty good savings, but damn long-distance train travel is pricey. And I've always been bad at staying places cheaply. I inevitably end up somewhere nice.

My dad and I stayed at a backpackers in Christchurch. An unexpectedly nice place in Wellington.

The difference in the end is mitigated by a few drinks.

Admittedly I had gone out with the former manager of the backpackers so I knew it was all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom