Ostraya, Ostraya, Ostraya, Ostraya, We Love You, Amen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was betting on Grimes for Meredith myself.

Never understood the Prince adulation myself. I can't get past how much of a creepy man he is. Going to be funny when I'll be fighting the hordes of Prince fans trying to get to a black metal gig at the Corner ... oh wait, no, I think my gig's on the same night as Nicki Minaj is whoring it up. I'd rather the Prince hordes!

And Cobbler, surely you know more than just 1999 and Purple Rain, like When Doves Cry (for the unpopular opinions thread: When Doves Cry is one of the worst songs in history).

Yeah heard those rumours monkeyskin, faster louder has a page up discussing the likelihood of them all. Looks like Grizzly Bear are a lock, and Wilco aren't doing anything as of yet in November. I'd be stoked if Radiohead were on the bill as well, three times seeing them, but as they announced their own tour ages ago it probably won't happen. I've tweeted AJ Maddah about getting Destroyer (and Los Campesinos!), but he hasn't replied to me yet.

Why do you reckon he's creepy Ax? I do know more, listened to both 1999 and Sign o' the Times recently, both pretty good. Agreed on When Doves Cry. I thought it would be a melodramatic but still awesome ballad, a bit like Purple Rain, but it's a crap, underwhelming electro song.

Ever seen a music video of his? You'll get the creepiness.

Honestly, I've hated him ever since I was little and he's one of my least favourite musicians. His songs are awful, his voice is awful, his persona is awful, and his refusal to spell properly shits me more than anything.

I realise this puts me at odds with the rest of humanity.

Also, conclusion of the day: Ballarat is a really nice little city.

I can and will deny it. That said, Porcupine Tree have an amazing cover of one of his songs, The Cross, and although I haven't heard the original studio version, I've heard a live Prince version with Bono and that seemed OK too.

East Ballarat looks like a bit of a rabbit warren, but the rest of the city? It's laid out in a grid system; it's not that hard! The architecture around the centre (Sturt St, Lydiard St, etc.) is wonderful too.

Hockey got his arse handed to him tonight. Bloke from the crowd asked "you just said 20 minutes ago all Australians are equal. And yet you don't think Penny and her partner can be parents like you and your wife" or something to that effect. And Hockey bumbled his way through a pathetic answer, as if he was thinking to himself "I'm losing faith in my own bullshit", and then Tony went to Penny Wong and she was dignified, reserved, calm and forthright. Great viewing.

Always good to see a reactionary slob like Hockey get the shit he deserves.

Haha, excellent. I've always found Hockey almost as distasteful as Abbott.

andrewboltinrosetintedsungolasses.jpg

Today, Bolt said "After all, broadening the definition of marriage is not a question of equality, since gays are as free as anyone to marry anyone of the opposite sex."

"After all, broadening the definition of marriage is not a question of equality, since Aboriginals are as free as anyone to marry anyone of their own race."

... wait, he probably would've argued that a few decades ago, and probably wishes he still could.

Equality is not hard. In fact it's very easy. I despair at these morons who think they're providing cogent arguments against it.

Ben Pobjie said it well today - what is it with the left and its repellently brazen embrace of equal rights, so at odds with its fascistic opposition to unequal rights? How can one say he is in favour of equal rights if he opposes equal rights for inequality?

Here's a bit of fun. An Australian logic problem.

There are 5 houses of 5 different colours. In each house lives a person from a different state in Australia. the 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, support a certain football club, and have a phobia of one certain indigenous animal. No two owners support the same club, drink the same beverage, or have the same fear.
The question is: Who's afraid of the platypus?

Your clues:

1. The Brisbanite lives in the green house.
2. The Tasmanian supports St. Kilda.
3. The Melburnian drinks Carlton Draught.
4. The purple house is to the left of the red house.
5. The owner of the purple house drinks coffee.
6. The person who's afraid of redbacks supports Richmond.
7. The owner of the orange house is afraid of kangaroos.
8. The man living in the center house drinks water.
9. The Adelaidean lives in the first house.
10. The man who's afraid of koalas lives next to the Hawthorn supporter.
11. The man who's supporting Essendon lives next to the man who's afraid of kangaroos.
12. The owner who's afraid of kookaburras drinks tea.
13. The Western Australian supports Geelong.
14. The South Australian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who's afraid of koalas has a neighbour that drinks wine.

Have fun.

I must be doing something wrong:

I can't work out if WA is the 4th house and Tazzy is the 5th or vice versa, which would then tell me who's scared of the platypus. I think.

I may have written Clue # 13 wrong, and I apologise.

Alternate clue 13: The owner of the red house is afraid of Kookaburras.

I'll post the answer in a week.

The question is: Who's afraid of the platypus?

Whoever lives in the fourth house.

Like monkeyskin, I don't know if it's the Taswegian or the Westralian. Even the alternate #13 doesn't help, since I need a footy team-related clue. Both Tassie/St Kilda and WA/Geelong fit at fourth and fifth without contradicting any other clues.

Unless, of course, I am quite mistaken.

OK, the Saints barracker lives in a house that has the same colour as his team's guernsey.

So the Western Australian is afraid of the platypus then?

Like I said, I'll post the answers next Wednesday.

I'm all for Old New Zealand.

(The first Wakefield settlement was Adelaide, before Edward Gibbon Wakefield went on to bigger and better things in New Zealand. George Grey was governor of South Australia before he went on to bigger and better things as New Zealand's most influential governor and a somewhat less auspicious term as Prime Minister.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom