Oscars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
For the pre-show, the show, and the drinking that will follow.

Are you ready?

star_jones.jpg

Whoa! Crazy! I was just about to start a thread on this.

Well I will be working frantically on a paper that is due tomorrow morning for the next few hours in hopes that I will finish before the preshow!!!!!! :huh:

I like to see what everyone is wearing :up: :drool:

But I can't stand Star Jones. I don't know who is worse, her or Joan and Melissa Rivers :|

So, what are everyone's picks for the major categories (you can do minor ones too if you'd like)?

My predictions:

Best Picture - Million Dollar Baby
Best Director - Clint Eastwood
Best Actor - Jamie Foxx
Best Actress - Hillary Swank
Best Supporting Actor - Morgan Freeman
Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett

I agree with your best actor, actress, and director. I can't decide about supporting actor and actress.

I think Million Dollar Baby could win best picture, but I really could see Ray sweeping most everything, so I feel like that could get it. But I feel like it is really between Million Dollar Baby and Ray.

The only movie I've seen of the 5 :| is Finding Neverland. Which I really loved!!!!!! :up:

Oh damn Iris, they've already start on E!?

Damn them!!!!!!!!! Damn this paper!!!! Must. exhibit. self-control. for. the. next. few. hours. DAMN!!!! :sad:

Oh, I want some Chinese too. It seems necessary somehow.

This is the first year in a while that I've managed to see all 5 nominated movies before the show. I feel ready and fit to judge!

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet - I just don't think I am ready yet. I think I am still too emotionally and spiritually wounded from when Clint Eastwood took his shirt off in Bridges over madison County. Saggy man breasts.......:( :huh:

Forget the little gold statuette and all that guff about best supporting whatever. The big winners at tomorrow night's Oscar ceremony will walk away with cashmere pyjama bottoms, mink eyelashes and a coffee maker.

Presenters and performers at this year's Oscar ceremony will receive a "gift basket" - a bag of freebies - expected to have a value of around $150,000 (£78,500). It will include the latest ultra-thin mobile phone, a selection of free holidays, exclusive olive oil, a $1,500 voucher for dinner, and the coffee maker, which together with a toaster and kettle carries a price tag of $700.

This year there are even plans for an unofficial runners-up gift bag for all the nominees. Priced at around $38,000, it includes a voucher for a weekend in Las Vegas.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I must say, and perhaps this is bitchy, but I am always disgusted with the gift baskets that are given out at these awards shows.

I mean, the average celebrity presenting the awards has millions and millions of dollars.

For God's sake, why can't they donate that money to charity or something. Those people are the last people who need that stuff or that much money spent on them. :|

Re: Re: Oscars!

U2Girl1978 said:

I can't stand this woman...who wants to make a bet that her husband will be creeping in the background?

Like this:

starjones2-thumb.jpg

Oh wow.

She is a lot....um. larger than I thought. That is not the most flattering picture :ohmy:

My predictions:

Best Picture - Ray
Best Director - Martin Scorsese
Best Actor - Jamie Foxx
Best Actress - Hillary Swank
Best Supporting Actor - Morgan Freeman
Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett

Best Animated Film - The Incredibles

(a tough choice with Shrek 2)

I always watch. This year seems like it'll be a dull one, but at least there will be the clothes and a glimpse of the actors I like.

My money for Best Picture and Director is on The Aviator, as a Belated nod to Scorcese. Though I can see them splitting it and giving Best Picture to Eastwood, and Director to Scorcese. That has been the trend in the past few years.

I have no predictions for acting, although I would put money on Hilary Swank, she seems to have all the buzz. I like Cate Blanchett, so I will be rooting for her to get Best Supporting.

lauren430 said:
I must say, and perhaps this is bitchy, but I am always disgusted with the gift baskets that are given out at these awards shows.

I mean, the average celebrity presenting the awards has millions and millions of dollars.

For God's sake, why can't they donate that money to charity or something. Those people are the last people who need that stuff or that much money spent on them. :|

Definitely agree - what a joke...

Back
Top Bottom