Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ending of Once was perfect.

Booooooooooo, Crash! Boooooooooo.

Babydoll, where do you live? I'm not sure if you're an American or not.

Crash was a ridiculous movie.

But Shakespeare in Love was a real travesty.

corianderstem said:
I really wanted to love An American In Paris (Gene Kelley! :heart: ), but I loathed Leslie Caron.

And god, I loved Amadeus.

Leslie Caron is weak. She was picked by Kelly because he saw her dancing, which she is great at.

But Gigi is great too, even with her in the lead.

corianderstem said:
The ending of Once was perfect.

Booooooooooo, Crash! Boooooooooo.

Babydoll, where do you live? I'm not sure if you're an American or not.

I live in the US but I'm definitely not an American. I'm here for school. :)

anitram said:
But Shakespeare in Love was a real travesty.

Yeah ... I don't know that Saving Private Ryan was all that great - it was maybe half of a really good movie. But it was definitely superior to SiL.

angelordevil said:
La Vie en Rose was good...but it was so goddamn long. :(

:lol: I thought that after going to see that at the dodgy cinema with the uncomfortable seats.

Marion is a real doll :up:

Oh God here comes the unmoving forehead. She used to be such an attractive woman too.

As if there wasn't need for further proof that 1999 wasn't one of the best years for film ever, you got to see Best Picture winner American Beauty in that montage, a movie that probably wasn't even in the top 5 of the year, but is still better than many of the other best picture winners shown there.

I was expecting I'd fall asleep on the couch watching La Vie en Rose and have to watch the rest the next day, but I was interested the whole way through.

If I start a movie at 8 at night and am watching it from the couch, and stay awake for the whole thing, that's saying something about the movie! :wink:

I'm usually on the computer if I'm watching stuff at night because otherwise I'll fall asleep. It's pretty sad.

I missed the second half of many, many movies while I was dating my last boyfriend. I would be asleep on his couch halfway through, without fail.

I agree Gump shouldn't have won, but I still have a big soft spot for the movie. I just roll my eyes when some people gripe about how it's "right wing clap-trap about blah blah blah fucking blah."

Back
Top Bottom