Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
Marion Cotillard overwhelmed by the moment:

forest-marionx-large.jpg

Backstage in the press room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY48jyGi1_s

LOVE her.

Beautiful picture - she's seems truly overwhelmed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSP-kCsCak&NR=1

congrats to those who won.

I miss it being televised on UK tv where I stayed up until like 6 in the morning......which was stupid to do.

I would fall asleep like 6pm the next day.

congrats Mr Lewis...........but cut your earrings down in size!!!!!!

:D:D

I love Daniel!

Okay, so answer me this ...

I see there's a song called "Falling Slowly" on the album by The Swell Season, released in 2006. Is it a different song?

If not, how the heck was the song eligible for the Oscar this year? Doesn't the song have to specifically be written for the film to be nominated?

Not that I want it taken away or anything, but I thought that was really weird.

I also heard the song Falling Slowly in the movie Feast of Love just the other day. It's the exact same song and i wondered the same thing.

The song WAS written for the film, but films take a lot longer to get completed, find distribution, etc. Hansard had been working with the writer/director for a while and fashioned the song while the screenplay was being written, I imagine.

There was actually a question a few weeks ago about the song's eligibility, but eventually the Academy researched the history of the song and the film, and concluded that it was okay to contend for the award.

I forgot to mention, I liked the chemistry between Anne Hathaway & Steve Carell when they did their Get Smart routine. They really reminded me of Don Adams & Barbara Feldon :)

maybe the movie won't be too bad :hmm:

lazarus said:
There was actually a question a few weeks ago about the song's eligibility, but eventually the Academy researched the history of the song and the film, and concluded that it was okay to contend for the award.

Very interesting - thanks, laz!

lazarus said:
You're right about the chemistry, and Hathaway is underrated, but I think you're giving Hollywood too much credit. We'll see...

Your right, WTF was I thinking :lol: Me giving Hollywood credit.......... must've been a moment of weakness :)

But Smart was a pretty silly show, so like you said, maybe.......

Back
Top Bottom