Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hail to the queen and king:

r3595298726.jpg

Apparently Colin Farrell is the one who talked the Oscar people into letting Marketa Irglova come back out to make her speech.

Big ups to him.

lazarus said:
Apparently Colin Farrell is the one who talked the Oscar people into letting Marketa Irglova come back out to make her speech.

Big ups to him.

Great guy. :up:

corianderstem said:
God, I totally love Mirren's dress

I loved that too, wow. Gorgeous. When she walked out it was actually a magical moment. I worship that woman :wink: I thought Jennifer Garner looked amazing too- especially her entrance on stage, the dress worked for that. I am trying to think of anyone else, the fashions seemed a bit underwhelming and some were just bad (Ellen Page-why?). I loved when DDL kissed Clooney on the cheek, he's just completely charming. I was surprised by Tilda Swinton's win but I did think she was amazing in that role.

My girl Amy Adams-love the color on her, not the dress. I liked Anne Hathaway and Heidi Klum too

0224440922_1203907894.jpg

Amy Ryan in a simple Calvin Klein looked great too

1613300922_1203918533.jpg

Red seemed to be the color

3914199822_1203914846.jpg

Thanks for posting the clip, MrsS.

I missed that part and wanted to know what happened.

How drunk does someone have to be to grab a woman like that.

Gary Busey is blech.

I wish I saw the Mickey Rooney thing, Gary Busey is like your really embarrassing uncle or something :slant: Jennifer Garner called him "that man"

people.com

Ryan Seacrest got some red-carpet help he may not have anticipated – or wanted – when Gary Busey interrupted an interview the E! host was conducting with Jennifer Garner and Laura Linney. The actor hugged a surprised Garner and planted a kiss on her neck. Busey, last nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for 1978's The Buddy Holly Story looked to be feeling no pain, as this video shows.

Earlier on the carpet, Busey was seen pulling Hollywood veteran Mickey Rooney up onto the grandstand and pointing at him to rile the crowd for louder cheers.

Asked after the Oscar ceremony about his red carpet hijinks, Busey told PEOPLE: "It's about having fun. The idea is to suit up and show up." Then he added, "I have to run now, I have an early morning paper route."

:lol:

EW.com poll

Who's more disturbing?

86%
Gary Busey, licking Jennifer Garner's neck on the red carpet

14%
Javier Bardem's homicidal Chigurh in No Country for Old Men

I think Regis calling him Xavier Bardem was disturbing too

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I wish I saw the Mickey Rooney thing, Gary Busey is like your really embarrassing uncle or something :slant: Jennifer Garner called him "that man"

people.com

Ryan Seacrest got some red-carpet help he may not have anticipated – or wanted – when Gary Busey interrupted an interview the E! host was conducting with Jennifer Garner and Laura Linney. The actor hugged a surprised Garner and planted a kiss on her neck. Busey, last nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for 1978's The Buddy Holly Story looked to be feeling no pain, as this video shows.

Earlier on the carpet, Busey was seen pulling Hollywood veteran Mickey Rooney up onto the grandstand and pointing at him to rile the crowd for louder cheers.

Asked after the Oscar ceremony about his red carpet hijinks, Busey told PEOPLE: "It's about having fun. The idea is to suit up and show up." Then he added, "I have to run now, I have an early morning paper route."

wow... he's completely lost it...

I saw an episode of something called "The Celebrity Paranormal Project" on TV one night - it was a bunch of B-List celebs "investigating" a abandoned hospital, factory, summer camp... you get the picture, looking for ghosts and he was in it.

I can honestly say he frightened me more then any of the "paranormal" experiences they had... :|

I saw it too...I think Ryan was more nervous than Jennifer Garner was!....Someone had to tell Ryan who he was....

I didn't notice last night, but I read a blurb about why Brad Renfro wasn't included in the great montage o' death.

Apparently a spokesperson said he was edited out because there's just not time for everybody.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. You have time to spare 5 seconds of screen time for the poor kid.

I turned it off when Seacrest started talking about that guy being near his crotch. I think he is horrible in that situation, I'm sure plenty of people think he's fine but for me he's unwatchable. That and Kimora Lee Simmons and Giuliana Rancic..I just wanted to see the dresses and jewels so I could have just put it on mute. But I watched Barbara Walters and the little preshow that ABC had on.

Regis was almost as annoying as Seacrest

corianderstem said:
I didn't notice last night, but I read a blurb about why Brad Renfro wasn't included in the great montage o' death.

Apparently a spokesperson said he was edited out because there's just not time for everybody.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. You have time to spare 5 seconds of screen time for the poor kid.

I just read that too, that's really offensive. So now they're deciding whose deaths are more important and merit their time? But they have time for binocular montages and other Stewart jokes.

I was so pleased that Once won best song for Glen Hansard and Marketa Inglova. Falling Slowly is a beautiful song. It's amazing really how such a simply made film of relatively simple subject matter can win awards up against other exhaustingly over advertised "blockbuster" films. It was refreshing to witness this win. It was rude how they cut off Marketa's speech but quite a good save for the show to have allowed her back out following commercial to have her moment of fame. :up:

So Gary Busey shows up loaded (big surprise) and gets a bit out of line on the red carpet. What did he do that was so disturbing? Ryan Seacrest is a big puss and could have handled the situation with some humor but he just buckled under the spontaniety of the moment.

Are we all that paranoid now about anything happening out of the ordinary or not to script. It wasn't a terrorist attack

It was my favorite moment of the pre-show.

Back
Top Bottom