Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

Hey Thora - time for another martini. Drink! Drink! Drink!

I'm just eating my dinner, and as soon as that's done I'll be pouring myself another one tout de suite!

Okay, now I'm starting to pick the winners. It's looking up for me in the pool!

tout de suite! Ha! My mom says that all the time, except she (we) says the midwestern version.

You know: toot sweet. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Can someone please tell me why Eddie Vedder and Mr. Radiohead weren't eligible in this category?

Vedder: back luck

Greenwood: The majority of the music in the film either wasn't his (Brahms, Penderecki), or had been used by him already for another work (Bodysong).

Ah, thanks.

I didn't actually think Vedder should have been nominated - the score was fine for the movie, but ... eh. Little song snippets with a few full-length songs thrown in, one of which was a cover.

corianderstem said:
Ah, thanks.

I didn't actually think Vedder should have been nominated - the score was fine for the movie, but ... eh. Little song snippets with a few full-length songs thrown in, one of which was a cover.

a few times his vocals got too big for the film and were a distraction - not good

I don't know if Sicko deserves this, or will win, but I'd like to see Michael Moore up there again, and all the assholes that booed him the first time will be like "oh shit, he was right!" and give him his fucking due.

Why can't they just do a crawl at the bottom of the screen? That sucks.

A lot of my old X-Files tapes I had would have little weather alerts on them from back when I lived in Wisconsin. It would make me all home sick when I'd see the little thunderstorm warning sign in the corner of my screen. :(

I wouldn't mind winning Heidi Klum's dress. Although I'd probably have to have it shortened by at least 5 inches. And maybe let out a little. But still!

corianderstem said:
A lot of my old X-Files tapes I had would have little weather alerts on them from back when I lived in Wisconsin. It would make me all home sick when I'd see the little thunderstorm warning sign in the corner of my screen. :(

Are you from Wisconsin?

I grew up outside of Chicago. Don't get homesick, though, as I can't stand the midwest.

Back
Top Bottom