Oscar Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
The nominees for best picture are "Chicago," "Gangs of New York," "The Hours," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "The Pianist."

The nominees for best actor are Adrien Brody ("The Pianist"), Nicolas Cage ("Adaptation"), Michael Caine ("The Quiet American"), Daniel Day-Lewis ("Gangs of New York") and Jack Nicholson ("About Schmidt").

The nominees for best actress are Salma Hayek ("Frida"), Nicole Kidman ("The Hours"), Diane Lane ("Unfaithful"), Julianne Moore ("Far From Heaven") and Renee Zellweger ("Chicago").

The nominees for best supporting actor are Chris Cooper ("Adaptation"), Ed Harris ("The Hours"), Paul Newman ("The Road to Perdition"), John C. Reilly ("Chicago") and Christopher Walken ("Catch Me If You Can").

The nominees for best supporting actress are Kathy Bates ("About Schmidt"), Julianne Moore ("The Hours"), Queen Latifah ("Chicago"), Meryl Streep ("Adaptation") and Catherine Zeta-Jones ("Chicago"). The nomination for Streep is her 13th, setting a record for acting nominations.

The nominees for best director are Rob Marshall ("Chicago"), Martin Scorsese ("Gangs of New York"), Stephen Daldry ("The Hours"), Roman Polanski ("The Pianist") and Pedro Almodovar ("Talk to Her").

As soon as I saw Gangs, I thought no one could beat Lewis, and I still would pick him over Nicholson, even though I loved Jack in that movie. Renee was fantastic in Chicago, didn't see Far From Heaven. I rented Unfaithful last wknd, and Diane Lane deserved that nom. I guess Nicole is the frontrunner.

Best Picture-I loved Chicago, but also The Hours. Two Towers I also really enjoyed, but imo it doesn't stand a chance :(

Has anyone seen The Pianist?

I have yet to see "The Pianist". I think "Chicago" will win Best Picture.

I hope Daniel Day-Lewis wins Best Actor. :up:

:crack: So far I have only seen "LOTR" I have a lot of movie watching to do. I want to see them all though... :scratch: but are they all playing in my little city?

Yay for Renee!!

i wonder if this is going to come to a surprise to anyone, but i really hope day-lewis wins best actor

IWasBored said:
and i hope scorsese wins best director

I'll be surprised if he doesnt. I think it will be not necessarily for Gangs but for his body of work.

Hope for a win for Daniel as well. He'll have competition from Nicholson but hey he already has 3.

I think best picture could be Chicago with all the nominations and Nicole Kidman for best actress. I havent seen The Hours yet but from what I see she gives a great performance.

Kariann said:

I'll be surprised if he doesnt. I think it will be not necessarily for Gangs but for his body of work.

Hope for a win for Daniel as well. He'll have competition from Nicholson but hey he already has 3.

I think best picture could be Chicago with all the nominations and Nicole Kidman for best actress. I havent seen The Hours yet but from what I see she gives a great performance.

...competition from nicholson...*grumble grumble*...

:mad:

:lol:

Saracene said:
Best film for "The Two Towers", but no nomination for Peter Jackson??? Did the movie direct itself or something? Grrrrrrrrrrr!

No crap. The only movie I haven't seen out of the best picture noms is The Pianist. Two Towers is, in my opinion, the best out of the four I've seen. I can't believe they snubbed him again (well, actually I can...) Maybe he'll get it for Return of the King if people realize "hey...he directed THREE great movies!" but I'm not holding my breath. :| Also, I'll eat my shoe if Scorsese doesn't win best director. He doesn't deserve it for this film, but they'll give it to him cause he should have one already. Note to Academy: give people awards FOR A FILM THAT THEY DESERVE IT FOR. Anyway.

The acting noms are great. Good to see John C. Reilly and Queen Latifah in there. I figured Catherine's nom in that category would knock here out. Ed Harris was also fantastic. And I think Julianne Moore is one of the best actresses out there. Basically, everyone in "The Hours" was incredible. And, of course, there is the impeccable Daniel Day-Lewis. I'd love to see him win, although I've heard good things about Michael Caine in The Quiet American.

Hehehehehe. I get so excited around Oscar time. :happy:

i'd be a bit more likely to THROW my shoe at the tv than to eat it...

i usually throw things at tv shows with cheesy endings, when there are too many commercials, stupid movies with bad lines, when train beat u2 for some grammy, or when jack nicholson won best actor for "as good as it gets"...i don't even think i cared who he was up against, i just HATED that movie :lol:

i beleive i had bare feet when nicholson won the golden globe award...

i've been known to chuck anything from shoes, video boxes, the movie book, parts of the movie book (that was before i taped it back togehter, oddly enough i wasn't the one who destroyed it)

Back
Top Bottom