Oscar Fashions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Halle Berry's acceptance speech was an utter disgrace. Amid much crying and wheezing she essentially proclaimed that this victory righted several centuries of oppression against blacks. Yay.

I agree Mug.
She could of made her point more gracefully and gained much more milage w/a little bit of tact and brevity.
She reminded me alot of her characrter in the movie.
Julia Roberts wasnt much better after her.
Am I being too harsh here?

Diamond

Denzel's fine by me, but Best Actor without question should have gone to Gene Hackman (not to mention...a nomination)

very classy speech by Denzel, stayed away from making it a racial issue... yeah, it's an Oscar not a Nobel Prize, somebody should have told Halle Berry that
rolleyes.gif

While I'm thrilled for Halle, she did make it sound like this was an award for the demise of racial opression. Denzel was more graceful/tactful. Nice that he didn't make this about race. The Oscars are about acting, not one particular group being superior over another.

BTW--Russel DOES need to shave. Mel is sooo hot. And I'm thrilled to peaches about Ron Howard. He deserved it!

Russell Crowe needs a lot more than a shave...a new haircut would be a good start.
Halle Berry, I'm glad she won. Since none of us have ever won an award like that, I think it's hard to judge what it feels like to be there, in that moment. I know if I were her, I'd never be able to contain my emotions. I haven't thought a whole lot about her speech though...
but more power to her.

Oh dear Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!!!!! (am a bit late for this but ur all behind me anyway, even though it feel like u h'all first)

Phew!!!!!

Honies, maddie has been up watching the entire Oscar show, only had like 1 and a half hour sleepy????..*snore snore*???..and now Im in work, I may fall asleep at 2pm?..
eek.gif

Just canderin???..I never watched the Oscars last year??..I only watched it in ?98 and this year cause of Titanic and Moulin Rouge?????????..but I was a littly bittly surprised LOTR didn?t scoop at least 7/8 awards????..(rather also hoping Moulin would scoop tree not two??
mad.gif
?)
But I guess I just gotta say:

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE TWO OSCARS MOULIN BABY!!!!!!!!!
BAZ LURMAHN, I STILL LOVE U, U OLD MAGICAL FART OF A THOUSAND FANTASYS IN A LITTLE PACKED AND TWISTED MOVIE!!!!!
AND NICOLE, BABY, YOU MAY NOT HAVE WON ? BUT YOU?RE STILL A WINNER IN MY HEART HUNEY BUNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( you and Mr Ewan Ewan)

LUV YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, could not contain myself there)????..gawd theres so much excitement with the Oscars, huh?
I started to watch and couldn?t get to sleep, Whoopi rocked???I prefer her to Billy too??and obviously my fave Miss Roberts likes her too??
biggrin.gif
??but I have to say, anytime I watch the show I get a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit emotional, I mean 74 years of this????it?s a big ting??..the one that got me was Halle winning??now of course she was overcome, but suddenly I look and say, ?You?re an actor/actress, you just won, so how do we know your not stage-acting now to over-exaggerate things now???..I dunno, maybe u lot hate moi for saying that but??..sometimes I tink that?????..

Ah well, all over for another year?..I hate waking up to live shots of famous pple leavin for breakfast???all the Channels go live and get excitied??.

Kate Winslet, Uma, Ethan, Sir Ian McKellan (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
biggrin.gif
), Cameron, Sandra, Julia, Russell, Jennifer, Mr Director of Lord, little icky Elijah, Nicole, Judi, Mel and Mr Hanks all looked hot and sexy and smart, in my opinion???..they all my favvies????

Until next year, Im away to LA right now, as Im on a high, and gonna roll all over the red carpet and hop up and down it in a mad frenzy fashion, demonstrating my funky madness in front of Mr Lurhman (hey Im still 65% sleepy!)??.and just ????..?scream? before hittin the bed for 40 winks???

*yawn*

But CONGRATS to ALL the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

PS - I DO tink Amelie should have won SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

And Pub Crawler, if ur watching, by gawd u did a fine job with Glenn Close!!!!

wink.gif

Originally posted by mad1:

PS - I DO tink Amelie should have won SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

I think so!! Amelie is such a good movie!!
icon40.gif

Nicole looked great as normal, I think she looks fabulous in that white dress!!!
icon14.gif

No body mentioned Jennifer Connelly's dress
( won Best supporting Actress). It looked like a bunch of rags sewn together. Kate looked stunning as well as Nicole. Halle Berry's speech could of been a bit more reserve.

I liked the Sydney Poitier tribute but my fave part of the evening was having Mr Woody Allen show up - that guy is still so incredibly funny....as much of a pervert as he may be!
wink.gif

Gwyneth and Jennifer Connelly's dresses were ugly. The two worst dresses of the night by far. Halle Berry's speech left much to be desired, but she looked fantastic. I loved her dress. There were a lot of great looking dresses overall though. Usually Nicole Kidman looks stunning. I thought her dress was nice, but the color was a bit too pale for her. Sidney Potier was my favorite. I loove him. Denzel's not too bad either. Aren't we catty?

Back
Top Bottom