Oryx and Crake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Sweet lord, you HAVE to read this book. it is amazing...I just finished it and now I wanna read it again.

The book is by Margaret Atwood and I agree with one reviewer who said she does Orwell....one better

http://www.oryxandcrake.co.uk/

0-7704-2935-1.jpg

hey, my best friend JUST told me to read that about 3 seconds ago...

Thanks for the recommendation..it would make a good gift for someome who enjoys Orwell?
does the crake in the title refer to a bird?

I'll have to check that out...I've been a fan of Atwood for quite some time now.

Oryx and Crake is the story of Snowman and his friends Oryx and Crake and a future destroyed by greed and out of control engineering.

It would make a good gift for someone who enjoys Orwell but not for someone who is looking for something uplifting.

Hope this helps.

so what's the significance of the words oryx and crake? I think I might like this book but it's irritating having those two catchy names without knowing their meanings.

foray

Let's pretend this, let's pretend that......

"..These things sneak up on him for no reason, these flashes of irrational happiness. It's probably a vitamin deficiency..."

You've got to won sometimes ( lifeskills?) I went to enquire at A&R yesterday if they had it in stock and what is the cost of this book. $25 for softcover. I told the guy I'd buy it later, go home and save for it. But he had the hardcover on sale. 70% discount, $15.
:applaud:
I haven't been able to put it down today and every page is filled with quotes I'd like to use as my signature here. I love the way she plays with words. Good recommendation basstrap. Thanks.
:ignoringchores, read read:

Back
Top Bottom