Organization - suggestions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've decided to get a bit more organized in my life.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to Office Max, or someplace similar, and find a very in depth day planner kind of thing. I have considered online things and/or doing more organizing on the cpu, but I'm a person who needs something a little more tangible. I've considered electronic organizers and such, but I think for now I will start here.

It's amazing how time goes by.

I really don't have a specific question, but any tips or advice relating to time management/organization would be welcome. Especially in regards to planning how one should spend time (especially how one should plan a day's activities) , and things like that.

spending less time online on message boards usually helps you get stuff done.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
You would probably get all your stuff done quicker if you didn´t spend so much time deciding what to buy to be more organised.

:lol:

step one - get away from the computer
step 2 - find a pice of paper and a pen
step 3 - use the pen to make a to-do list on the piece of paper
step 4 - set out doing the things on the list you made in step 3

Getting a planner is a great start...but make sure you actually use it! For example, my boss is very good about entering all of his meetings, etc. into the schedule function of our database...but he isn't very good about remembering to check it to see what he has planned for the day. I always give him a Post-It the day before with all of tomorrow's activities written on it, just to be safe. On Fridays, I'll send him an email to remind him of stuff for Monday.

So, in summary, when you make entries into your planner...make sure that you check your planner at the end of the day to see what's cooking for tomorrow.

IWasBored said:

:lol:

step one - get away from the computer
step 2 - find a pice of paper and a pen
step 3 - use the pen to make a to-do list on the piece of paper
step 4 - set out doing the things on the list you made in step 3

I hate step 4 :angry:

Back
Top Bottom