Orange Free State, South Africa superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Tell me about God Is An Astronaut, Ax.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #557
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I've not listened to much Joy Division, but you know what song I thought was pretty good? She's Lost Control.
She's Lost Control is fucking amazing. It's either my favourite Joy Division song or second favourite, depending on how much I'm in love with New Dawn Fades at the point in time you ask me.

Close third is Disorder.

Unknown Pleasures is the album everyone needs. Fuck Closer.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #558
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I can't stand John Calipari. I secretly enjoy the video where John Cheney threatens to kill him. Not because I want Calipari to die, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand him.
i don't really know a lot about him other than the fact that now that he's coach, the tigers are actually doing well, so i don't really have an opinion on him. the good thing about him though is tigers basketball is the only sports team in this town that's any good. especially when it comes to basketball. the grizzlies are a fucking joke. don't even get me started on that "team"
Old 04-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Death Metal doesn't appeal to me...beyond a wickedly funny cartoon on TV here.

So Metallica and Guns 'N' Roses--nothing?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #560
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Tell me about God Is An Astronaut, Ax.
I only have two albums by them, but I urgently need more as on the basis of those two albums, they're one of my favourite post-rock groups. Their epic, almost symphonic, soaring sound is just astonishing. If you like Suicide By Star, I'm certain you'll enjoy all of the album it's from, All Is Violent, All Is Bright, as well as the other album of theirs that I possess, The End Of The Beginning.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #561
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by RegularBonoFan
Death Metal doesn't appeal to me...beyond a wickedly funny cartoon on TV here.

So Metallica and Guns 'N' Roses--nothing?
Death metal's an acquired taste. I prefer the bands that weave death growls with clean vocals, like Opeth and Cynic do (though all of Cynic's clean vocals are through a vocoder - some people love it, some hate it; I'm the former).

Metallica's alright. I like certain songs but in the end, even their classic eighties albums all just sound the same.

I don't believe GNR are metal. Hard rock, but not metal. Overblown, wanky, and completely lacking in depth.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Good evening.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #563
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

dr. dré!!

you did? shit, i missed that. well, i'm disappointed you're the only one who has any. but that scores you some points
You need to hang around more!

And yeah, I have Another Green World and Discreet Music. Perhaps another; I forget.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #564
Vocal parasite

G'day Andrew.

I'm about to listen to PFan's DI playlist. First part's just finished downloading.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

So today I went through the (1200 album) cd collection of my band's lead singer and picked out about 200 cds to import on my computer. I got the first 5 today. It's going to be a long fucking process.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

I'm still on Khan's list. I've been busy.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Death metal's an acquired taste. I prefer the bands that weave death growls with clean vocals, like Opeth and Cynic do (though all of Cynic's clean vocals are through a vocoder - some people love it, some hate it; I'm the former).
That's my problem with death metal. The vocals are so...chumbled up. I like to be able to understand what I'm listening to. Unless it's supposed to be in another language.

Quote:

Metallica's alright. I like certain songs but in the end, even their classic eighties albums all just sound the same.
I'll concede that point.

Quote:

I don't believe GNR are metal. Hard rock, but not metal. Overblown, wanky, and completely lacking in depth.
The unfortunate side effect of having a pretty boy as your front man. I like Slash in Velvet Revolver better anyway.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #568
Vocal parasite

Another classic shaun vox thread: http://forum.interference.com/t185742.html

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RegularBonoFan

The unfortunate side effect of having a pretty boy as your front man. I like Slash in Velvet Revolver better anyway.
And somehow Velvet Revolver is deeper than G'n'R?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #570
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
You need to hang around more!

And yeah, I have Another Green World and Discreet Music. Perhaps another; I forget.
i guess. i've been taking a break from the forums for the past couple weeks; it was kind of nice to not be on for a while.

i've got a few. let's see: ambient 1, another day on earth, another green world, before and after science, the drop, and here come the warm jets.

i also have all four ambient records on vinyl.

as for his collaborations, i have his record with john cale, wrong way up, and his one with david byrne, my life in the bush of ghosts.

Tags
superthread