Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Mmm hmm. He always does this. There couldn't have been any less than 3 songs from Life Aquatic on his last list.

Really? Geez. That's kind of... obsessive?

LemonMelon said:
There are many things I dislike about his list.

1. Worst job labeling the songs EVER.

2. Some songs skip.

3. Too much weight is put on songs from films...I know all of these too well.

But it's still fun.
1. really? i guess i hadn't noticed.

2. oh god, i haven't listened yet, but if the songs skip, that'll be annoying.

3. wtf. i know what you mean, i recognise all these songs, and it shouldn't be to where i DON'T have to listen to a playlist to score it. it's not like everything needs to be super obscure, but i don't want an album that seems like some time-life compilation.

LemonMelon said:

:lol: Ska-Punk is your kryptonite...or asbestos, for the average mortal.

It's the rat shit caught up in the insolation that's held in by a tarp in my band's practice space. The fucking thing which breeds flies.

LemonMelon said:
Mmm hmm. He always does this. There couldn't have been any less than 3 songs from Life Aquatic on his last list.
I KNOW. and wasn't that when his cover was from the album too? i love that movie, but come on. if i want to listen to the soundtrack, i'll open itunes and play it. i want to hear a compilation of songs you put together, not a premade group of songs.

Screwtape2 said:
I just want to say I should get some kind of award for being the first person to use a Sigur Ros song that wasn't Starálfur or Sæglópur.

I know you'll disagree, but I though the production on the song was poor. I like them in general, though. But then again, I'd only ever heard ( )

KhanadaRhodes said:

I KNOW. and wasn't that when his cover was from the album too? i love that movie, but come on. if i want to listen to the soundtrack, i'll open itunes and play it. i want to hear a compilation of songs you put together, not a premade group of songs.

Yet he still makes the finals EVERY. TIME. :lol: :banghead:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

it's funny, i didn't hate it. but i'm just not sure if it was supposed to be funny, because i was giggling the whole time.

The whole time I was crying and masturbating, using my tears as lubrication.

I mean, what?

LemonMelon said:
Yet he still makes the finals EVERY. TIME. :lol: :banghead:
i know!
down.gif
it's not like i'm like "i should've made it instead!" (okay maybe a little) but come on. i think there's so many people who vote for him just because it's him, and don't really vote for the reasons you're supposed to. or at least, the reasons i think you're supposed to. i grade for the songs overall, and the overall flow as well. many times there have been people better than him, yet like you said, he always makes it to the finals.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know!
down.gif
it's not like i'm like "i should've made it instead!" (okay maybe a little) but come on. i think there's so many people who vote for him just because it's him, and don't really vote for the reasons you're supposed to. or at least, the reasons i think you're supposed to. i grade for the songs overall, and the overall flow as well. many times there have been people better than him, yet like you said, he always makes it to the finals.

Some people just get in cuz they're the "popular" kid.

the tourist said:

Eh, his playlist isn't that good. Does that help?

It does. But I'll inevitably end up voting for him more than once because excellent Time-Life compilations >>>>>>> sharp lists composed of music that's total wank.

LemonMelon said:

It does. But I'll inevitably end up voting for him more than once because excellent Time-Life compilations >>>>>>> sharp lists composed of music that's total wank.

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know!
down.gif

So, just out of curiosity, do you consider the idea of anonymous playlists to be a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom