Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

This, and the terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad mixing of AB and Zooropa are the reason I stick to liking 80s U2 infinitely more than 90s+ U2.

It amuses me that although U2 have so many resources at their disposal, they can't seem to find anybody who has a fucking clue about how to mix an album.

I finished Khan's list, and I rank it very equal to PFan's. I'm listening to Bono212's now. And I do not like the first song.

Axver said:

It amuses me that although U2 have so many resources at their disposal, they can't seem to find anybody who has a fucking clue about how to mix an album.

It's not that: they're just naive. They think the albums sound good.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol:

i think next time i'm gonna make a playlist that i know will fail horribly. we're talking phailing so epically, phail collins looks talented compared to this. i'm just gonna pick my most :huh: songs and throw them together in some semi-cohesive playlist.

Next time, I should try to make the heaviest playlist I possibly can. Would love to see how people respond to Horde and Wolves In The Throne Room.

Axver said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Oddly, I think the best mixing I've heard on U2 songs 90s+ might be on Pop. :huh:

RavenBlue said:
You wouldn't be impressed even with punk rock from Omicron Theta Seventy Three, Axver?

I want post-punk from October!

No, I do believe they actually have the ability to still make the amazing music that I love. The problem is that they don't have the mentality or passion to do it.

Maybe they will surprise me. I hope they do.

the tourist said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Oddly, I think the best mixing I've heard on U2 songs 90s+ might be on Pop. :huh:

Not saying much.

the tourist said:
I finished Khan's list, and I rank it very equal to PFan's. I'm listening to Bono212's now. And I do not like the first song.

Panic At The Disco?!

Oh God.

:wave:

Axver said:

Next time, I should try to make the heaviest playlist I possibly can. Would love to see how people respond to Horde and Wolves In The Throne Room.

I think I'll do the same thing and make the most fucked-up and obscure playlist possible in DI5.

Axver said:

:lol: i promise i'd listen! for mine, it'd take me some time to listen to the enz's early songs and figure out on which song phil sounds the most like a goat.

the tourist said:

I would say the 80s albums sound pretty good.

They all do, yes. Every 80s album by U2 is a pretty good album. Except RAH, but for different reasons than mixing and song quality.

the tourist said:

I think there are a lot of untrue myths about Pop - not helped by the band's desperate revisionism (fuck you, American music-buying public; you ruined U2).

WUDM is the best produced song in U2's history. All the layers and detail are astonishing. They clearly spent ages on that and to pretend it's rushed is intentionally misleading.

LemonMelon said:
:wave:

I think I'll do the same thing and make the most fucked-up and obscure playlist possible in DI5.

This is going to be fun.

I want to start now but once Pee Fan's playlist is done I need to go shopping.

Intervention is the best Arcade Fire song I've heard. It must have just gotten lost in Neon Bible's mediocrity when I listened to it upon its release.

Axver said:
Intervention is the best Arcade Fire song I've heard. It must have just gotten lost in Neon Bible's mediocrity when I listened to it upon its release.

By far my favorite track by them.

the tourist said:

Yes. The flow for the first 3 songs is kind of nightmarish.

Her lists are always a mishmash of random crap. Some of it's excellent, some is very, very bad.

LemonMelon said:

:up: I would put An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart right up there as well.

I also think New Year's Day sounds sen-fucking-sational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom