Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Imagine.

Well, at least Lennon doesn't sound as bad here as he does in a lot of Beatles songs.

KhanadaRhodes said:

thanks :D i love him to pieces (not just because he's a finn). i'm seeing him in may :drool:

:up: Good times. Your list really reminds me of the 80s.

Axver said:

All These Things I've Done has the line "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier".

WTF.

Yeah, and I've been in a car but I'm not a carrot. UNRELATED WORDS, DIPSHITS.
:lmao: SUPERMOTHERFUCKINGWIN!

The video makes about as much sense as the song.

holy shit, i just looked at pla/tre's playlist. it's awesome. i'm still on bono_212's, but theirs might be my favourite. just glancing at it, there's only a couple songs i don't like. i mean, i'm your captain? fingers of love? goodbye yellow brick road? (hmmm i've seen that one on another playlist, hehe) vivaldi?? beethoven? god it's brilliant. i can't wait to hear it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, more or less. there's still some unresolved crap that had a hand in why i took a break, but it's not as big of a deal to me as it was a few weeks ago.

i totally hear you about school. i keep putting off enrolling again, and i'm just taking 2000-level classes. :hug:

whatever's going on, i hope it gets sorted out soon. :hug:

the tourist said:
:up: Good times. Your list really reminds me of the 80s.
thanks :D although it's not ALL 80s...but i can't help it if that's the decade i listen to most, lol.

for the next tournament, i might try to go for a different decade just to shock everyone and do no 80s songs at all :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

thanks :D although it's not ALL 80s...but i can't help it if that's the decade i listen to most, lol.

for the next tournament, i might try to go for a different decade just to shock everyone and do no 80s songs at all :wink:

I think there's one 80s song in my list. A U2 song.

All These Things I've Done Part II
By PFan

I own a key but I'm not a keyboard
My leg is sore but I'm not a sword
I write with a pen, but I'm not from Pennsylvania
Sometimes I go in, but I'm not insane, yeah

phillyfan26 said:
Jigsaw was more meh than the rest of the playlist.

Really? Out of the first eight songs, it's probably my third favourite. The combination of Jigsaw/Emerald Lies (which I used last time around) on the Fugazi album is amazing.

Also, that Jet song is not at all anything that I expected from them.

phillyfan26 said:
All These Things I've Done Part II
By PFan

I own a key but I'm not a keyboard
My leg is sore but I'm not a sword
I write with a pen, but I'm not from Pennsylvania
Sometimes I go in, but I'm not insane, yeah

:lmao: :lmao:

I've never heard the song, either. Those two lines are the funniest things I've ever heard from someone trying to be legit.

Just back from a hockey playoff game.. they played U2 before the start of the third period ( I was pretty sure they weren't going to play any, since most of the game they were blowing bass heavy Justin Timberlake, Rhianna and Britney Smears out the speakers)

Subsequently, after hearing When Love Come To Town, our team came alive and kicked major arse. Woo!

the tourist said:
ATTID, worst Killers song ever.

It's ruined the entire band's catalogue for me. When I was listening to the one on PFan's list, I couldn't help thinking "but this is the band that did ATTID".

And Axver now chooses WUDM ...

It's only the BEST SONG ON FUCKING POP.

Good call.

RavenBlue said:
Just back from a hockey playoff game.. they played U2 before the start of the third period ( I was pretty sure they weren't going to play any, since most of the game they were blowing bass heavy Justin Timberlake, Rhianna and Britney Smears out the speakers)

Subsequently, after hearing When Love Come To Town, our team came alive and kicked major arse. Woo!
:applaud:

RavenBlue said:

True story: They played Running to Stand Still at a local hockey game once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom