Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll give that a spin soon, Urine Appreciator. Downloading it now.

Working on Sat. Night blows. Good thing there's Blue Craic.

everything but blu crack blows lately, and even then its been a lil slow around here this week, anyways , i gotta go take care of stuff, bu ti will be back probably later this arvo

:kiss:

"Arvo"? :scratch: Ax- translation please? :reject: Ali's schooled me on Aussie lingo, but that's not one I've heard before.

See you later, Jen! :wave:

RegularBonoFan said:
"Arvo"? :scratch: Ax- translation please? :reject: Ali's schooled me on Aussie lingo, but that's not one I've heard before.

Arvo is Aussie slang for 'afternoon'. :)

So Speed Of Life is just an instrumental intro? It's good, but I feel perhaps more could have been done in the time given.

U2's Speed Of Life > Bowie's Speed Of Life. :wink:

And Breaking Glass was unexpectedly short. I was surprised when that faded out.

I feel like both Breaking Glass and What In The World would be better without the random electronic stuff. The guitar stands up well.

Screwtape2 said:
I never got your complete thoughts on my playlist. What did you think overall?

I gave it a B, about the same as LeMel. I loved your first disc, but your second disc was a mixed bag, to me. Didn't like the first couple of songs, and didn't really feel like the live stuff worked all that well. Still, yours and LeMel's are pretty good.

Axver said:
PFan, Sound And Vision's the best song so far.

Coincidentally or not, it's also the most famous song from the album.

Of the first four, Sound and Vision and Speed of Life are my two favorite songs.

Always Crashing In The Same Car's even better than Sound And Vision.

Be My Wife's got some good sounding music too.

Not sold on Bowie's voice.

I'm surprised by how short the songs are. Some could really use more length.

Always Crashing is my favourite so far. A New Career wasn't a bad instrumental.

Quite a noticeable change in sound from Side A to Side B with the start of Warszawa. If the rest of the song is as good as the first two minutes, this will be even better than Always Crashing. Also, nice to have a song that looks like it has a decent runtime!

Wow, Warszawa is very atmospheric. I like it. I actually think I still prefer Always Crashing, but this is also a favourite.

Axver said:
Always Crashing In The Same Car's even better than Sound And Vision.

Be My Wife's got some good sounding music too.

Not sold on Bowie's voice.

Tend to agree with most of this, though I've never really disliked Bowie's voice past some of his early albums.

Axver said:
Wow, Warszawa is very atmospheric. I like it. I actually think I still prefer Always Crashing, but this is also a favourite.

Brian Eno co-wrote it, by the way.

I :love: Bowie's voice...from the 70's at least. Not sure about it lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom