Opinions please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drivemytrabant

War Child
Anybody out there own the albums by Keane and Snow Patrol? Are they worth a purchase? I've heard a song or two from each and Keane sounds like a Coldplay wannabe (who of course is a U2 wannabe) but decent. I don't know what to think of Snow Patrol but U2 must think pretty highly of them if they are thinking about them for the tour.

Snow patrol only real good somg on Final Straw is Spitting Games, Run is good and the rest sorta boring but decent i actually like keane more than coldplay, HOpe and Fears has some good songs esp. Bed Shapped or just buy the Killers album if ya aint got it.

I really like the "Run" song by Snow Patrol. The Killers are great but I like Keane the best so far.;)

Last edited:
they're good, but Keane need more energy, Razorlight are better i reckon, some good bands though:wink:

The lead singer in Keane has a beautiful voice, but it is wasted on incredibly bland songs that make Coldplay sound like the Clash by comparison.

Snow Patrol are OK, I guess.

Snow Patrol. :up:
I saw them live on this past tour for final straw, and also once before about...two years ago, I guess, before the last album was released. I enjoy all the albums, and seeing them live made me like the even more.

I picked up both a little while ago when my local record store had both of them on sale for really cheap. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they are. I think overall that I like Snow Patrol better. Final Straw has some great tunes on it. Keane is good too, though. Very mellow with some nice melodies.

I really like Keane because they aren't loud like a lot of bands, they not have a guitar player, but I love the piano and the lyrics, "Everybody's Changing" is a great lyric, to me.

that one Snow Patrol song drives me crazy. I hate it so much. I just want to punch that guy in the face. The Killers are pretty crappy too.

ZeroDude said:
Snow patrol only real good somg on Final Straw is Spitting Games, Run is good and the rest sorta boring but decent i actually like keane more than coldplay, HOpe and Fears has some good songs esp. Bed Shapped or just buy the Killers album if ya aint got it.

What! Have you heard "chocolate", "how to be dead", "tiny little fractures"? You probably haven't given the album a good listen it is a bit of a grower

Mr. MIKEphisto said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHA..

HA..

(arcade fire/Interpol)

snow patrol ain't bad.

53 posts in 5 years and this is one of them? Heaven forbid that other people have different music tastes than yourself, OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it about the new U2 album/tour that brought out all the jerkiness on the forum?

drivemytrabant said:
Anybody out there own the albums by Keane and Snow Patrol? Are they worth a purchase? I've heard a song or two from each and Keane sounds like a Coldplay wannabe (who of course is a U2 wannabe) but decent. I don't know what to think of Snow Patrol but U2 must think pretty highly of them if they are thinking about them for the tour.

Snow Patrol did nothing for me.
I liked Keane better.

u2popmofo said:

53 posts in 5 years and this is one of them? Heaven forbid that other people have different music tastes than yourself, OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it about the new U2 album/tour that brought out all the jerkiness on the forum?

Ah relax.. just thought it was funny.

Those bands are ok.

mikal said:
Muse, anyone?

Much better than Keane or Snow Patrol. I prefer Kaiser Chiefs out of the newer bands that have appeared recently.

I own both albums and I think that they're both about the same quality (a mixture of brilliant songs and then boring ones IMHO). For me both albums are split in half between fantastic songs and bad ones. Really it comes down to the type of music you like. Keane are all about emotional ballads and little else. This sometimes works well (somewhere only we know/we might as well be strangers :drool: ) but other times you end up with a dreary durge that seems to last forever. Basically think a band of the 'Trying To Throw Yours Arms Around The World'-mixed-with a bit-of-Coldplay ilk.

Snow Patrol also do ballads but they remind me more of Oasis style ballads. They are also considerably LOUDER than Keane (compare Spitting Games or Chocolate to SOWK or Bedshaped).

So, if you can only buy one and I'd recommend getting both because for all the bad tracks they're some GREAT ones, I'd base it around which style you prefer because the two groups are very different. Think of it this way, whichever one you choose is a great album! :)

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

They both sucked really, really bad. It's no excuse for being rude to one another, but it's pretty much the answer.

As for the bands in question, I'd say to skip over both of them. Neither one is very interesting and after 10 listens they become stale. I haven't listened to the Keane cd since the week I purchased it.

u2popmofo said:

Not sure if it can all be blamed on the new U2 album/tour as I've been noticing it on other (non-U2) music forums as well. :shrug:

I have a few people on my "will strangle if I ever meet in person" list (none currently on this forum however :wink: ).

Back
Top Bottom