OPETH Frontman: 'New Album Is Going To Really KILL!'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
Roadrunner Records has officially announced the signing of OPETH. With a release planned for late summer 2005 — following a spate of international touring that includes the much-anticipated "Sounds of the Underground" run in the U.S. — OPETH has never been busier or more excited about the prospect of things. "The combination of a strong label and our best album so far is quite lethal!" states OPETH singer and guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt.

Since the merger of OPETH's former label Music For Nations into BMG, OPETH have been one of the most sought-after unsigned bands in the world. OPETH and its manager, Andy Farrow of The Northern Music Company, finally struck a deal with Roadrunner Records. "OPETH is the sort of band that humbles you with every note," states Roadrunner A&R man Mike Gitter, who adds OPETH to a personal roster of artists, which also includes the Grammy-nominated KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. "We're excited and proud to be working with them."

"I think all of us subconsciously had our minds set from the very beginning about signing to Roadrunner," says Åkerfeldt. "For us it's probably our biggest career move since we started. Roadrunner is/was the home of many of our favorite metal artists of all time." He adds, "As I’m writing this I am in the studio and we're recording the new album I know that this album is going to really KILL! It's sounding incredible already, and we're nowhere near finished." The follow-up to 2003's acoustic masterpiece, "Damnation", and OPETH's first disc in years without producer Steve Wilson, the album will include "Ghost of Tradition", "The Baying of the Hounds" and "Isolation Years".

This album is going to fucking dominate. :mad:

What an arrogant prick. ONLY U2 IS ALLOWED TO KILL. WHAT MAKES HIM THINK HIS STUPID BAND IS GOOD ENOUGH TO KILL.

Sorry, thought this was a Coldplay thread, carry on.

typhoon said:
What an arrogant prick. ONLY U2 IS ALLOWED TO KILL. WHAT MAKES HIM THINK HIS STUPID BAND IS GOOD ENOUGH TO KILL.

Sorry, thought this was a Coldplay thread, carry on.
:laugh:

Awesome! I didnt know they were signing with a new label, that's very cool. I hope they get some good money from the label to get a great studio and producer. Any clue who is producing on this if Steve isnt?

Ok, 'The Baying of the Hounds' is just a great metal song title. Nice. :up:

Yea, I was actually surprised to when I heard that Wilson isn't producing it. Earlier reports said he was, but I think they main reason could be he's touring and promoting the new PT album but maybe also Opeth and Steve saw difference in making the new album. Anyways...
I think it's being produced by the band and by some Swedish (naturally) producer. Yup, this album is going to decimate the '05 :wink:

seen them twice - just didn't cut it for me. Each song seemed long and started to sound the same... Guess we'll see what (another) new label will do with them (like did they do anything for Nightwish?) :scratch:

Lila64 said:
seen them twice - just didn't cut it for me. Each song seemed long and started to sound the same... Guess we'll see what (another) new label will do with them (like did they do anything for Nightwish?) :scratch:

Every song sounds the same? Get an album and get back to me.

Hell no, they don't sound like Nightwish (I like them too :wink: )

Hopefully the new label won't turn them into Nu-tallica :ohmy:

Bunbury said:

I was going to say all of these things except for the thing about "Nu-tallica", but now that it has been said I would like to show support for hoping they do not become that.

Bunbury said:

I didn't say they sounded like Nightwish - just that Nightwish were on several different labels as are/were Opeth. Then different labels pick them up, as did Roadrunner picking up Nightwish after they were on several different labels in the U.S. and abroad. I saw Opeth twice, but just didn't care for them. They played a small club in L.A., and many of the songs sounded similar (to each other) and they were long. And Roadrunner doesn't turn anyone into "XX-tallica", at least as far as I can see.

And I saw Nightwish too...

Lila64 said:

I I saw Opeth twice, but just didn't care for them. They played a small club in L.A., and many of the songs sounded similar (to each other) and they were long.

When did you go? I was probably at that show.
Well, different strokes for different folks, I'm not the one to be an elitist and shove a band down somebody's throat.
I just mention Opeth about their upcoming album because some Interferer's have had previous interest in the band (u2popmofo :wink: ).

I saw them at the Troubadour and on the multi-billed gig at Universal with: Danzig, Superjoint Ritual, Opeth, Lacuna Coil (which I like) and Behemoth (I missed). Are you in Los Angeles???

haha, yea I live in Los Angeles. I was at both shows.
At the Troubadour show I was there to see Opeth and Paradise Lost (one of my other favorite bands, recommended :wink: )
The Universal show was good too I was drunk as hell that night.

I much preferred Paradise Lost at that show to Opeth. More "Euro" sound to them - too bad they aren't as popular or sell as well. But they do have a cult following. The Universal show - I mainly went to hang out with some people I know. Both were free for me :wink: - I also sent you an email - maybe we could converse there....

Bumberry, I just got an email notice today that Gigantour is coming to Utah. I really want to go to see Opeth (though I've heard arguements on how they are live).

I have to admit that while I've heard of most all of the bands on the tour and have heard some songs by some of them, I don't know much about any of them and am not really a fan of them. Hopefully Opeth will play long enough that it would be worth it. What do you think?

Also, I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to talk any of my friends into going...... (my friend who introduced me to Opeth moved back to Cali, similar to LL Cool J) :wink:

Yea I just recently heard about Gigantour I definitely plan on going since Opeth is on the bill.

Have you seen the live Opeth DVD? Call me a fanboy but I think they are worth watching live. I have to admit the last show I saw in March 06' wasn't that great maybe it was the seating thing it wasn't GA stand up. I don't know, but check them out I say!

I haven't seen the DVD. Quite honestly, I still only even own 2 of Opeth's albums...... (though I do like them both quite a bit)

Please do not abuse me verbally for this transgression too harshly.

:wink:

Well......

opeth22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom