Oooh, me startin to panic..........:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Heres the thing????????..way way ages ago, we had a lovely gorgeous dogs called Rocky who we had to have put down due to a stroke, a week later you could say, and he was one we took in when the owners moved away, my mam was wonderful with him, we had him from 89 (roughly) and he was a mess but weeks later transformed and was my walking pal for months???and a great loveable handsome dog all-round???.(he was cross between Red Setter and Retriever)???.and heres whats panickin me??.

Afterwards we took in this cat that lived two houses down, it too wasn?t being looked after owners so on occasions when we had Rocky it started to visit as I fed it???so after we put pup down, we took cat on board and again mam was brilliant at taming it and getting it comfortable on our home??

PROB ? I used to never love or adore cats so much but this one stands out and I adore her, I miss her when shes out and love cuddlin or stroking her, her markings are beautiful, and in Winter when her coat is all thick and springy she looks sooooooooooooo cute???..but?????mum would still like to get a puppy some day, perhaps when she has less work??..and Im bloody terrified that I wont adore a dog again, or get into loving one again???cause now I seem to adore cats???????
frown.gif

Has anyone here been down this road??? I know a dog will naturally mean responsibility again and Im well aware?..and all, but from being so long without a dog, Im scared its all gone????..

We even ran a test with a dog, (owners were going away to Africa for life) and this was mentioned at mums work,,,,,,,,,,,but I just couldn?t get into her???..besides we could not keep her anyway as Puss nearly attacked her, and I don?t tink Puss should just go when a pup comes in???.

Gosh this is hard??????
frown.gif

They will eventually get along if they live together, unlike people (LOL) but I hate to see anyone put one animal out for another. It's terrible! With love all things are possible. Love them both, keep them both.

Aww maddie.

Still get your puppy. The kitty (im assuming this was the one that had breathing probs when it ate?) will ALWAYS take care of herself first. Cats are so resiliant to any change, its quite remarkable.
Theres a truth also, that once you feed a cat, it will always come back. And I know its very worrying as you think you will make it so mad it never comes back, but they do. A puppy will be no prob. And as for you, how could you NOT love a squirming wriggling lil puppy? You will love it as much as is humanly possible Maddie. I had an Irish Setter once. His name was Jordan. We got him out down when he was 3 as he turned uncharacteristically vicious. It was so sad. Your doggie reminded me of him
frown.gif

We have 3 cats and a cocker spaniel. It took at most 1 week for the feral kitties to get used to poor lil Angus Doggie, but all is very much ok now and they all play. It will all work out in the end.

Hi Angela ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

oh, no no hun that wee cat with the breathin probs was owned by pple 8 houses down, and sneaks in to try to catch the fish in the bath now!!!!!
biggrin.gif
We have brill footage of that!!!!!!!

Our cat is gorgeous, I luv it at night, shes mainly dark but when u see her through the front door you see this wee white patch under her chin move in wait of the door being opened!!! Very cute!!

mum said with a puppy, if the cat sort of 'taps' at it if it gets to close, it might warn the pup at an early stage to stay away.....actually I should get a snap of Puss and one of Rock up to let u see.............Ach I just loves her.............and know I know what love feels like..............
smile.gif

I just pray she will never leave, if upset by any new arrival..........

Back
Top Bottom