Oodnadatta, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But why does Larry lie? :sad:

If it happens, cool. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

The only thing more amusing than that is that there are still some people (and not just U2girl) who think that Songs of Ascent is an album that's just waiting for a release in a cold vault since early 2010.

But didn't you hear? There are FOUR ALBUMS sitting around waiting for release! Songs of Ascent, the two with Danger Mouse that Larry just TOTES CONFIRMED, and a full Spiderman soundtrack!

It's just way too easy for U2 to lead these people on. :lol:

I'd like to be excited, just for the record, but even if we'd just got rock-solid confirmation that U2 were releasing an album on a specific date, I'd struggle to be more than mildly curious due to the fact that I enjoy dreading new albums.

Did someone die?

I don't have room to talk, I had a freakin' nervous breakdown over the Green Day trilogy due to my trepidation.

That's what one gets when you name your albums as an homage to Vertigo.

That's what one gets when you name your albums as an homage to Vertigo.

:| I don't know you, so I'm going to let that one slide. I know it's a joke, but I don't have to find it funny.

Reggo, you clearly missed some batshit crazy on EYKIW.

I suppose i shouldn't be surprised that there was some batshit crazy who believed that GD named their trilogy after Vertigo. Doesn't make me want to curbstomp them any less.

The creators of the Spanish language clearly named their numbers with a future U2 song in mind.

'Achtung' was a word created by Bono and gifted to the German people as thanks for buying Achtung Baby.

One month of the year is named after a U2 album.

(I do love the weather in Popuary.)

Ooh, that's tasty.

As for the U2 news, you know if it comes, it comes. I'm excited to see if they can recapture some of what has made them so good in the past, but for now there are other things for me to look forward to. I don't think it's worth getting hyped one way or the other.

I agree with Bonnie's point of view.

I'm in those 'holy shit how did I not check this band out until recently' moods and I can't really listen to anything else at the moment.

Bonnie, could you possibly put up a couple of posters around the area with a photo of the cat, asking whose it is and whether they still want it?

On an unrelated humorous note, I just discovered U2 were supported in 1979 by a band called Poo the Ventriloquist.

Yup a Pool. Wasn't really something we were desperate for, but the rest of the house is nice.

We've had our offer accepted, its just a matter of nutting out contracts and other stuff I have really no idea about. Only catch is the current owners are building a new place so while we will own the place once everything is sorted, they are going to stay at the house and pay us rent for a 4-5 month period.

Incidentally, I'm so fucking moving to Shepp given that you couldn't even get an apartment for that price in Brunswick. Never mind four bedrooms and a pool!

Seriously, last time I looked the cheapest 2 bedroom apartment in Brunswick was $400,000.

Haha! Yeah. We'd looked at moving to Melbourne for a while and then looked at house prices, and what my likely salary would have been and it just isn't feasible right now. With Nicole unable to work we can still manage the repayments and other stuff comfortably off one income.

Our offer of 347k with a 60 Day settlement and they pay us $250 rent until they move out (or we kick them out after 5 months :lol:)

If Shepparton weren't hotter than Melbourne and if it had ... well, ANY live music scene, maybe I'd think more seriously about leaving Hipsterville. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom