online shopping, banking, bill paying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
What do you buy online? And what are things you don't shop for online? Do you do online banking or bill paying?

I realized I love online shopping! I buy nearly everything online (well, except for groceries and the like). Some of the things I have purchased online:

- CDs (of course!) I have only purchased a handful of cds in an actual store in the past several years
- clothes and shoes, I never go to clothing or shoe stores any more
- snacks and supplies for my dogs and cats
- tea (I love tea)
- art supplies
- stained glass supplies, including loads of glass and even a kiln (I make stained glass items for my living)
- gardening supplies
- electronics (Cd players, etc)
- paintings (originals and prints)
- a vacuum cleaner
- display panels for my stained glass (for art shows and the like)

I also like to pay most of my bills online, and I probably email my friends more than I phone them.

ebay :drool: anything and everything :D

And some online banking but that's about it.

online banking and bill paying
books, cds, stuff from ebay

I HAVE bought groceries online. lol But the store stopped doing it so now I have to go to the shop and push a stupid trolley around :mad:

I got a very nice jacket, records, comic books, designer shades, shoes, pay bills, banking - beats the shops anyday, only major issue is living down this way postage can get pricey.

I use eBay for PopMart posters (I have quite a collection) and random supplies I can't find at Lowes (some adapters for when I re-wired our cable, gaff tape, etc). If I need textbooks from half.com, I call my mom or friend b/c I don't have a credit card. I do ALL of my utility bill paying online (gas, electricity, phone, internet, and cable).

If I can pay online - I do :yes:

I shop online for clothes, books, cds and assorted ebay treasures :heart:

If I am concerned about a purchaser I don't shop there with my credit card. The only thing I really watch for are the shipping costs with any item I purchase. It's here where a really good deal can become not a good deal.

I use e-bay to buy second hand items if I find the retail cost in the malls is too expensive.

I buy most of my craft supplies on-line

In person I buy:
clothes
make-up
CD's
food
care bears

I don't do on-line banking, I like to deal with people on a 1on1 basis.

I forgot a few in my first post. I've also done the following online:

- purchased concert tickets
- made hotel and rental car reservations
- purchased small kitchen appliances
- books (not sure how I could have forgotten books...I just bought a couple right before starting this thread!)
- frames for artwork (but if the work is awkwardly sized I do take it to a custom framer)

If I can do something online, I will. Just so much easier than driving all over and hitting stores that don't have nearly the selection I can get online.

I LOVE online banking! I am no good with math or check registers, so I love going to the bank's page every day and seeing my balance, paying bills; it's so quick and easy and nothing is ever late because I get e-mail alerts.

I buy tons of stuff online and have never had a problem. I know of people who have had problems using credit cards in person, so it's really only a little more risky than telling your card number to someone over the phone or handing them the card at a store.

Back
Top Bottom