"One Tree" Split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
by Gina Serpe
Sep 27, 2005, 9:05 AM PT

First came love, then came marriage, then came the quickie separation.

One Tree Hill costars Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush have separated after just five months of marriage, Bush's rep, Cece Yorke, confirmed to E!.

Both halves of the celebrity couple released statements expressing their takes on the split.

"I am saddened to announce that Sophia and I are separating," Murray, 24, said in a statement to People magazine, which first reported the split. "This is a very difficult time for me."

Bush, 23, released a similar message to the press.

"This is a difficult and unfortunate situation," Bush said. "I am glad this is being resolved sooner rather than later."

No details were given on what exactly put such an abrupt end to the young couple's honeymoon period, but whatever trouble may have been brewing in paradise, there were no outward signs of marital strife.

Last month, Murray showed up solo for the 2005 Teen Choice Awards, but credited his wife's absence to her working on location. After nabbing the surfboard for Choice Male Hottie, he even thanked his "beautiful wife for putting [the audience] up to this."

The pin-up worthy couple first met on the set of their WB drama in 2003. Murray popped the question last May, just shy of their one-year anniversary as a couple, while filming the horror remake House of Wax in Australia.

The camera-ready cuties swapped vows in a seaside ceremony in Santa Monica last April in front of 200 guests, including their fellow WB costars.

There has been no word on whether the couple's split will affect their One Tree Hill storyline this year. Last season's two-hour finale had Murray's Luke and Bush's Brooke finally heading into steamy coupledom.

The series' third season premiere kicks off Oct. 5.

I'm just shocked I tell ya, shocked! :|:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom