One Tree Hill show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
Does anybody know about this "One Tree Hill" show in America. I haven't actually seen it, but I've seen commercials about it. I think it's a teenage show, ala Bevery Hills 90210.

This fucking pisses me off. They stole that title from the Joshua Tree. The song is absolutely awesome. In fact, the live version of that song that was inexplicably omitted from Rattle and Hum is simply breathtaking. How Phil Jonau left that part out of the movie is beyond me.

But anyway..

Correct me if I am wrong, but is One Tree Hill a unique title. I don't think it's a common expression. And for the fucks who stole that title from U2, well, I think they suck....

Now, everytime I hear the song, I think of pretty boy, pretty girl teenagers, which sucks.... I wonder if those kids know that the name of their gay show is actually a U2 song.

BTW, teenagers should not be listening to U2. I repeat: teenagers should not be listening to U2. If they are, they are probably outcast losers. Just stick to your Britney, hip hop, Jay-Z, Eminem, Sum 41, crap... Trust me.... You'll thank me later. Okay??? Thanks.

I am pretty sure that it was 'stolen' from U2. The show One Tree Hill is from the creator of the Gilmore Girls. There have been a number of U2 references on Gilmore Girls so I am pretty sure that the creator is a fan.

I think that teenagers that listen to U2 are great. It's nice to know that not every teenager is easily brainwashed by their friends and the media into liking the music that is popular today. Most of it is crap and I have respect for those teenagers that can see that.

Besides, most of us were teenagers listening to U2 at some point. I know I was.

joerags said:

BTW, teenagers should not be listening to U2. I repeat: teenagers should not be listening to U2. If they are, they are probably outcast losers. Just stick to your Britney, hip hop, Jay-Z, Eminem, Sum 41, crap... Trust me.... You'll thank me later. Okay??? Thanks.

:|

I sincerely hope that you're joking. And I also hope that you realize that there are plenty of teenage U2 fans here at Interference; myself included.

And if you're not joking, please enlighten me - why should teenagers not be allowed to listen to U2?

Re: Re: One Tree Hill show

GibsonGirl said:

I sincerely hope that you're joking. And I also hope that you realize that there are plenty of teenage U2 fans here at Interference; myself included.

And if you're not joking, please enlighten me - why should teenagers not be allowed to listen to U2?

I missed this the first time I read the post and as a teenager I agree with GibsonGirl.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know you guys are upset about this, but please refrain from using such inflammatory remarks. thanks!

I don't have anything againt gay people. Let's make that clear. What I really meant to say was "corny."

Sorry if I offended anybody....

Speaking of gay,,, I have always had my suspicions about Adam Clayton being gay. I love Sparky, don't get me wrong. I mean, all four of those guys are my idols. They are fucking cool. But every now and then, he just strikes me as gay, just by his mannerisms..

Not that there is anything wrong with that..

I think he could be in the closest, which is perfectly fine. Listen, he is probably the nicest, easygoing guy in the world, which makes him so fucking cool. And who the hell cares if he is gay. He is the coolest guy in rock, bar none.

joerags said:
Speaking of gay,,, I have always had my suspicions about Adam Clayton being gay. I love Sparky, don't get me wrong. I mean, all four of those guys are my idols. They are fucking cool. But every now and then, he just strikes me as gay, just by his mannerisms..

Please see this rule of our FAQs

What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)
Posting about the bands' "private parts" in any way will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow. Any threads about the bands private parts, subtle or not, may be closed, and the author may receive a warning via pm or email.

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.

Please get back on topic and refrain from discussing the sexuality of the band. We must keep a certain level of respect for the band here.

I saw a New Zealander on another site that got mad b/c the show was supposedly ripping off the title from a national symbol in NZ...i think U2 took the title from a real One Tree Hill...not sure...but the song was about their friend who was from New Zealand and in U2's case it was very appropriate...i always wondered why the TV show was called that.

Re: Re: One Tree Hill show

GibsonGirl said:

Agreed.

Please explain this point.

i've never heard of this show, pray god I don't. (that one is sort of sung to the tune of the bit in fairytale of ny).
it's lovely imagery, though, so you know that can be how the ether works..

I actually suffered through part of an episode of One Tree Hill. It is indeed an awful, cliched, teen soap. I hate the fact that they used a U2 song, and a great one at that, as the title.

I also can't believe the same people who created the show One Tree Hill also created The Gilmore Girls, which was a wonderful, intelligent, well-written show (I don't like it as much anymore and have in fact quit watching it, but at least it started out great).

Why's it called One Tree Hill in the first place? I mean, isn't there a reason? It's not set in NZ, is it?

And as for you...
joerags said:
:madspit: For the record, it's a little presumptuous to label teenagers as listening to those particuar artists - most people I know are into seriously different stuff. (Weird shit, I think, but I guess that's their choice.) I'm with you, Kennerado and Gibsongirl.

Aww, Bassy's making fun of us... :sad:

well, I mean no offense

I just find it funny some of you are so seriously mad about this

funny in a sad way

poor wiggum

Back
Top Bottom