One Tree Hill, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what Boy woulda sounded like if Martin Hannett had produced it, like he was meant to, but didn't cos Ian Curtis died? U2's whole career coulda fallen over there!!!!

:lol: Yeah, judging by how he failed to fully achieve 11OTT's potential, Boy would have just flopped. He suited Joy Division's sound perfectly, but he would've been no good for U2. Worryingly, The Ocean might have been a standout ...

So, ATAP. This song fucking rocks. It's also the oldest song here besides SATT.

We've passed 700 posts in 3 hours, with only a few of us here. Imagine if we got a good bunch of us and really tried to kick through a thread as fast as possible. :ohmy:

:lol: Yeah, judging by how he failed to fully achieve 11OTT's potential, Boy would have just flopped. He suited Joy Division's sound perfectly, but he would've been no good for U2. Worryingly, The Ocean might have been a standout ...
I like 11OTT. :grumpy:

U2 could have been footnote in 80s music history, like the Psychedelic Furs, who I love, but noone remembers much anymore, except for fucking Pretty in Pink which was fantastic till Molly Ringwald got near it (I also love Molly Ringwald by the way)

Awfully hard not to rock the fuck out on the bus when it comes up on my iPod.

The demo version I've heard isn't too great, though.

Yeah, though it's not nearly as dodgy as some of the other early demos! :lol:

I like 11OTT. :grumpy:

U2 could have been footnote in 80s music history, like the Psychedelic Furs, who I love, but noone remembers much anymore, except for fucking Pretty in Pink which was fantastic till Molly Ringwald got near it (I also love Molly Ringwald by the way)

11OTT was so much better live, though. On the UABRS video, it rocks so awesomely hard.

Honestly, I must admit that I'm not sure I'd mind all too much if U2 were just a footnote. They'd have been a fucking good footnote, rather than the overblown chapter they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom