One Tree Hill, Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy it, but I may as well have you tell me what it's all about.
It's in U2 by U2. When they were on the Boy tour, they had to go on the heavily guarded enclosed road that went through East Germany to get to West Berlin, and on the way, they were stopped by the German army who thought they were smuggling people out of the East, but it was really just the band sleeping in the back of the van.
But anyway, the soldier that stopped them was about Bono's age, and they hung out for a while, and it struck Bono how different that boy's life was from his own, just because he'd been born in a 'strange land'.

It's in U2 by U2. When they were on the Boy tour, they had to go on the heavily guarded enclosed road that went through East Germany to get to West Berlin, and on the way, they were stopped by the German army who thought they were smuggling people out of the East, but it was really just the band sleeping in the back of the van.
But anyway, the soldier that stopped them was about Bono's age, and they hung out for a while, and it struck Bono how different that boy's life was from his own, just because he'd been born in a 'strange land'.

I must not have paid enough attention at that part of the book.

Interesting.

Finally off the goddamn phone! Sunday has always been the "talk to the family" night for me.

wthyw8.gif

Read this as "Who the hell is gonna ride..." :giggle:

Tell them to call back later.

Nah, I like talking to Nan, and we haven't had a good chat in a while. Like with my father, rugby gives us a lot to talk about. However, with Dad, rugby is my topic of choice because it avoids more difficult topics, while with Nan, it's just a shared interest.

So, are we continuing the Superthread Actually Likes U2 Party? Because LWTSH just started here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom