One Step Closer to Randoooooooooommmmmm and the Vertigo Tour - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #451
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:42 PM
I should eat something for dinner but now I'm not hungry after all of the water I had tonight

Old 04-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #452
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my raspberry lemonade crystal light tastes like soap

Old 04-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #453
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Kariann and Schmeg are the two coolest people ever.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #454
arw
Blue Crack Addict

one of the manager's at work went to Italy this week...the only problem is she's been planning this trip for months! What poor timing! She's going all over Italy, Dublin, and some other European countries that I can't remember. But I know the bulk of her two week trip, which started last Friday, was going to be in Italy. I can't wait until she comes back to hear if she got caught up in any Pope traffic. One of my coworkers said she has bad travel luck and was out of the country during Sept. 11 and was going to be coming home shortly after. He didn't say if it put a delay on her coming home or not but that would suck!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #455
arw
Blue Crack Addict

so what do I do about this:

I desperately wanted to see Gaelic Storm the day before my birthday. It was a last minute addition to the tour. They will be in Milwaukee on my birthday and I was thinking about talking my sister into going with me. But once I found out they were coming here I decided to skip Milwaukee, especially since U2 and I will be together in Chicago the following weekend.

So I asked Amy if she'd go and she said no because she couldn't afford it. Her friend from high school that I've gone out with a handful of times was there when I asked Amy. She really likes Gaelic Storm and said she'd love to go. So then Amy chimes in and said she'd feel left out if we went but again she couldn't go. So I said I'd pay for half of her ticket. Her friend gave me a $20 bill and said to put any change towards Amy's ticket. Well I didn't factor in the lame ass ticketmaster charges and with all the fee's the tickets were basically $20.00 each.

The other day I told Amy that the total is $20 a piece and her friends extra money covered her own ticket not Amy's so she'll have to come up with the other $10. She said no

So am I supposed to pay for her whole ticket? If I'm going to pay for anyone's entire concert ticket it would be my sister's not Amy's. I could easily talk my sister into coming with and then just telling Amy's buddy she can either ride with us or meet us there since it's general admission.

I don't know what to do. I don't have $20 to just throw around, especially to someone who wouldn't do the same for me. We don't even exchange bday gifts because she never has any money even though this year for her birthday I took her to Chipotle.

Whatever. I'm really pissed off and I don't even want her to go. She claims to be poor but when we get there she'll spend every cent she can find on liquor and then say that she deserves to have a good time and spend her money how she wants to without taking it into consideration that she owes someone else money and if she has money to spare then she has money to pay back.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
Old 04-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #457
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Old 04-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I desperately wanted to see Gaelic Storm the day before my birthday. It was a last minute addition to the tour. They will be in Milwaukee on my birthday and I was thinking about talking my sister into going with me. But once I found out they were coming here I decided to skip Milwaukee, especially since U2 and I will be together in Chicago the following weekend.

So I asked Amy if she'd go and she said no because she couldn't afford it. Her friend from high school that I've gone out with a handful of times was there when I asked Amy. She really likes Gaelic Storm and said she'd love to go. So then Amy chimes in and said she'd feel left out if we went but again she couldn't go. So I said I'd pay for half of her ticket. Her friend gave me a $20 bill and said to put any change towards Amy's ticket. Well I didn't factor in the lame ass ticketmaster charges and with all the fee's the tickets were basically $20.00 each.

The other day I told Amy that the total is $20 a piece and her friends extra money covered her own ticket not Amy's so she'll have to come up with the other $10. She said no

So am I supposed to pay for her whole ticket? If I'm going to pay for anyone's entire concert ticket it would be my sister's not Amy's. I could easily talk my sister into coming with and then just telling Amy's buddy she can either ride with us or meet us there since it's general admission.

I don't know what to do. I don't have $20 to just throw around, especially to someone who wouldn't do the same for me. We don't even exchange bday gifts because she never has any money even though this year for her birthday I took her to Chipotle.

Whatever. I'm really pissed off and I don't even want her to go. She claims to be poor but when we get there she'll spend every cent she can find on liquor and then say that she deserves to have a good time and spend her money how she wants to without taking it into consideration that she owes someone else money and if she has money to spare then she has money to pay back.
I think if it's for your birthday she could handle the $20. How much more than that would she end up spending on booze anyway?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #460
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think if it's for your birthday she could handle the $20. How much more than that would she end up spending on booze anyway?

you'd be surprised...she claims poverty but then she'll randomly call me up and we'll go out and she'll spend $30-40 on food and liquor. I can't even afford to spend that on an evening out and I actually make enough that I have spending $

She wouldn't see the $10, not $20, that I'm asking her for as anything but an inconvenience since I asked her to go and she doesn't want to go. I would have been fine with just going with her friend but Amy is the one that felt "left out..." Or I know I could have talked my sister into going with me so it's not like Amy was my only option....
Old 04-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #461
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Old 04-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

I'd go but I've already RSPV'ed that wedding. I want to see Gaelic Storm again, especially if they do the Variations of Johnny Tarr!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #463
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #464
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'd go but I've already RSPV'ed that wedding. I want to see Gaelic Storm again, especially if they do the Variations of Johnny Tarr!

well don't forget it's also the weekend before round 2 of our Vertigo Tour so I wouldn't think that you'd come out here and then the following Friday go to Chicago.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #465
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:

20.00 isnt much really...you can spend that much on a meal and drinks. I think she should chalk it up and go and not spend money on the drinks.