One Step Closer to Randoooooooooommmmmm and the Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of the manager's at work went to Italy this week...the only problem is she's been planning this trip for months! What poor timing! She's going all over Italy, Dublin, and some other European countries that I can't remember. But I know the bulk of her two week trip, which started last Friday, was going to be in Italy. I can't wait until she comes back to hear if she got caught up in any Pope traffic. One of my coworkers said she has bad travel luck and was out of the country during Sept. 11 and was going to be coming home shortly after. He didn't say if it put a delay on her coming home or not but that would suck!

so what do I do about this:

I desperately wanted to see Gaelic Storm the day before my birthday. It was a last minute addition to the tour. They will be in Milwaukee on my birthday and I was thinking about talking my sister into going with me. But once I found out they were coming here I decided to skip Milwaukee, especially since U2 and I will be together in Chicago the following weekend.

So I asked Amy if she'd go and she said no because she couldn't afford it. Her friend from high school that I've gone out with a handful of times was there when I asked Amy. She really likes Gaelic Storm and said she'd love to go. So then Amy chimes in and said she'd feel left out if we went but again she couldn't go. So I said I'd pay for half of her ticket. Her friend gave me a $20 bill and said to put any change towards Amy's ticket. Well I didn't factor in the lame ass ticketmaster charges and with all the fee's the tickets were basically $20.00 each.

The other day I told Amy that the total is $20 a piece and her friends extra money covered her own ticket not Amy's so she'll have to come up with the other $10. She said no :|

So am I supposed to pay for her whole ticket? If I'm going to pay for anyone's entire concert ticket it would be my sister's not Amy's. I could easily talk my sister into coming with and then just telling Amy's buddy she can either ride with us or meet us there since it's general admission.

I don't know what to do. I don't have $20 to just throw around, especially to someone who wouldn't do the same for me. We don't even exchange bday gifts because she never has any money even though this year for her birthday I took her to Chipotle.

Whatever. I'm really pissed off and I don't even want her to go. She claims to be poor but when we get there she'll spend every cent she can find on liquor and then say that she deserves to have a good time and spend her money how she wants to without taking it into consideration that she owes someone else money and if she has money to spare then she has money to pay back. :huh:

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

I desperately wanted to see Gaelic Storm the day before my birthday. It was a last minute addition to the tour. They will be in Milwaukee on my birthday and I was thinking about talking my sister into going with me. But once I found out they were coming here I decided to skip Milwaukee, especially since U2 and I will be together in Chicago the following weekend.

So I asked Amy if she'd go and she said no because she couldn't afford it. Her friend from high school that I've gone out with a handful of times was there when I asked Amy. She really likes Gaelic Storm and said she'd love to go. So then Amy chimes in and said she'd feel left out if we went but again she couldn't go. So I said I'd pay for half of her ticket. Her friend gave me a $20 bill and said to put any change towards Amy's ticket. Well I didn't factor in the lame ass ticketmaster charges and with all the fee's the tickets were basically $20.00 each.

The other day I told Amy that the total is $20 a piece and her friends extra money covered her own ticket not Amy's so she'll have to come up with the other $10. She said no :|

So am I supposed to pay for her whole ticket? If I'm going to pay for anyone's entire concert ticket it would be my sister's not Amy's. I could easily talk my sister into coming with and then just telling Amy's buddy she can either ride with us or meet us there since it's general admission.

I don't know what to do. I don't have $20 to just throw around, especially to someone who wouldn't do the same for me. We don't even exchange bday gifts because she never has any money even though this year for her birthday I took her to Chipotle.

Whatever. I'm really pissed off and I don't even want her to go. She claims to be poor but when we get there she'll spend every cent she can find on liquor and then say that she deserves to have a good time and spend her money how she wants to without taking it into consideration that she owes someone else money and if she has money to spare then she has money to pay back. :huh:
I think if it's for your birthday she could handle the $20. :huh: How much more than that would she end up spending on booze anyway?

Schmeg said:

I think if it's for your birthday she could handle the $20. :huh: How much more than that would she end up spending on booze anyway?

you'd be surprised...she claims poverty but then she'll randomly call me up and we'll go out and she'll spend $30-40 on food and liquor. I can't even afford to spend that on an evening out and I actually make enough that I have spending $

She wouldn't see the $10, not $20, that I'm asking her for as anything but an inconvenience since I asked her to go and she doesn't want to go. I would have been fine with just going with her friend but Amy is the one that felt "left out..." Or I know I could have talked my sister into going with me so it's not like Amy was my only option....

I'd go but I've already RSPV'ed that wedding. :( I want to see Gaelic Storm again, especially if they do the Variations of Johnny Tarr!

Schmeg said:
I'd go but I've already RSPV'ed that wedding. :( I want to see Gaelic Storm again, especially if they do the Variations of Johnny Tarr!

:hug:

well don't forget it's also the weekend before round 2 of our Vertigo Tour so I wouldn't think that you'd come out here and then the following Friday go to Chicago.

arw9797 said:

20.00 isnt much really...you can spend that much on a meal and drinks. I think she should chalk it up and go and not spend money on the drinks.

Kariann said:

20.00 isnt much really...you can spend that much on a meal and drinks. I think she should chalk it up and go and not spend money on the drinks.

that's my point to her is $20 isn't that much money and if I'm willing to pay for half she should at least come up with the other half. I'm not going to lose sleep over $20.00 but it's the fact that she thinks that she shouldn't have to pay me back right now.

:yawn: Going to bed...hopefully by tomorrow I'll know what I want to wear to work tomorrow. I can't wait to wear summer clothes again!

you guys should come visit me. gaelic storm are playing in northampton on monday and tuesday night. at least that's when i think they are.

i'm planning on going on tuesday :up: meeting on monday, otherwise i'd probably go both nights :shifty:

i changed my wallpaper again. it's got :fance: on it now :up:

he's burried under a pile of mp3s, though.

( :fance:, in case anyone has forgotten, is jason varitek. also known sometimes as veritek when wankerman is typing :p )

It's officially warm weather season in good ole Ohoi.....the ice cream truck just went down the street and I heard the do do do dee dee do do do dee dee dee do!!!! :hyper:

I did not look out however to see if it was the truck with the scary looking clown on it.

:sad: My health insurance is so bad. It's so ironic that the one thing that my last job had going for it was the health insurance. Now I find a job close to home and better pay but the insurance sucks ass. I have to pay $91.00 on top of my $25.00 copay that I paid at the office from when I was sick last month and went in for a strep test. I'm going to call them though and tell them that I signed up for a strep test only and they put me in the wrong room and I ended up seeing a dr. I kept telling them that I wasn't there to see a dr only for a strep test. I am not paying for that office visit. They screwed up not me and they're not getting all of that $91.00 from me.

:scream: so I just looked at the bill again and apparently what I am being billed for is only for the strep test and lab. The office visit isn't even on there with a $ amount. The bill clearly states that anything that is pending with my insurance co will not have a $ amount by it :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had to pay $200 for my eye dr even though I signed up for eye exams to be a part of my insurance payment each month from my paychecks.

:sigh:

I have to pay $15.00 out of $30.00 for my allergy shots, which was unheard of before I got this crappy insurance. My insurance company views it as a partial office visit even though I stand in a hallway while a nurse stabs me and then I sit for a half hour until my timer goes off. Hardly an office visit :mad:

It's such a waste of money to me that I have to pay $110 a month plus copays and then I'm not even fully covered. :mad:

I'm done now...

Back
Top Bottom