One good reason to print lyrics in the CD booklet....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
I was reading through the following inteview with Steve Kilbey, and the following bit made me laugh, so I figured you might enjoy it as well.

Livewire: And, and wasn't there a plan to release a compilation of your lyrics as well?

Steve: Yes! That's my fault - I just got so bored checking them all. And some of them - strangely enough some records - I couldn't... There were lyrics that were given to me that were wrong - by somebody who deciphered them. That was our starting point - by printing out all the lyrics off a web page where someone's deciphered them. And they were often hilariously wrong. And then I would sit down with the record and work out what it really was - and it was such a boring, painful process - and often I couldn't hear what I really was singing. And I didn't know what it was and I didn't know what to do about that. And then I kind of got confused - and then (sigh) - it seemed no matter how - because The Church have got - I don't know - you said 15 - some people say 17 and it's a load of songs out there - there's a load of bits and pieces and it seems as close as I was getting to completion - there would always be one more album - they'd go "What about this?" "Aren't you doing that?" And I'd have to do it again - and so I just got bogged down in it. So it's still on the back burner and it's definitely going to happen.

The Church doesn't put the lyrics on their cds (there are a few editions of a couple of early albums which have lyrics on them, but I'm not even sure those are really official...). SK doesn't put lyrics on his solo cds either. To be honest, I think he makes a lot of them up on the fly, so the complete lyric is never written down in the first place.

Second part of this post... do you like the lyrics on the cd or not? I used to love having them, but after listening to The Church for so long I'm so used to not having them I'm not sure I would really like to have them on the cd sleeve (I plan to get the book though. :shrug: Go figure). It's kind of fun to figure then out on my own...a bit of a treasure hunt.

i hate when bands don't print the lyrics in the cd books.

IWasBored said:
i hate when bands don't print the lyrics in the cd books.

I hate it more when they print inaccurate lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom