OMG Would you watch this ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070215/music_nm/millivanilli_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Disgraced pop duo Milli Vanilli will soon get a movie made about their less-than-spectacular career, following in the cinematic steps of such icons as Ray Charles and Johnny Cash.

Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety reported in its Thursday issue that Universal Pictures is developing a film about the lip-synching combo, who lost their coveted Grammy for best new artist in 1990 when it emerged that they had never sung on their records.

The project will be written and directed for the General Electric Co.-controlled studio by Jeff Nathanson, who previously wrote the Leonardo DiCaprio crime caper "Catch Me If You Can." He has secured the cooperation of Milli Vanilli alumnus Fabrice Morvan, who has been pursuing a comeback for years, as well as the estate of his colleague, Rob Pilatus, who died of a drug overdose in 1998.

"I've always been fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you had guys who pulled off the ultimate con, selling 30 million singles and 11 million albums and then becoming the biggest laughing-stocks of pop entertainment," the paper quoted Nathanson as saying.

JCOSTER said:
No, I know the story and unfortunately it had a tragic ending with the overdose. I wouldn't support it by going to see it. :no:

thanks for ruining the ending :grumpy:

I actually think their story is tailormade for a movie. Meteoric rise, huge scandal, meteoric fall.

I might go see it.

Do you suppose the actual guys who did the actual singing get anything out of this? Sucks to be them, eh?

I seem to recall a comeback attempt by both of them, didn't they call themselves "Rob & Fab" or something?

Oh and thanks Justin...I will officially spend the night with the melodies of "Girl You Know It's True" and "Blame it on the Rain" running through my mind...grr :(

I seriously burst out laughing when i heard this on the news on the radio :lmao:

if to expose all that showbiz crap , with decent script and down with mtv/Echanel , something like shattered glass , with independent edge to it , it could be good

What I want to know is, why were Milli Vanilli disgraced and one driven to suicide over a lip synch scandal while Ashlee Simpson is still out there and apparently forgiven?

^ Not sure if you're serious or not...

Ashlee Simpson lip-sync'd on SNL, which is nothing new. Tons of artists lip-sync their live performances, or at least parts of them...all the way up to Madonna.

Milli Vanilli didn't even sing on their album, 2 totally different singers did. I think they're the only ones (though I seem to remember reading that quite a bit of Paula Abdul's first CD wasn't sung by her but I'm not sure if that's true).

C&C Music Factory were also called out for having a different singer actually doing the singing - Martha Walsh (or was it Wash?)an amazing singer who wasn't as camera friendly (i.e., heavy). And then a skinny, more camera friendly woman in their videos.

As for Ashlee and other pop stars, it's no secret that a lot of those who aren't strong singers per se use a lot of backing tracks or other "help" on their records or live.

Milli Vanilli didn't even do a lick of their singing, if I recall correctly. Maybe their situation blew up so badly because they were the first huge stars to be called out on it. Heck, they won a GRAMMY. You shouldn't win a Grammy if you're not singing.

Yep, I remember that C&C business...and Martha wasn't bad looking, a little thick yeah but since when is that a bad thing? She left C&C and released some stuff on her own or with another group, can't remember - but I definitely saw a video with her in it.

Speaking of lip-syncing, did anyone ever confirm whether or not Bono was singing the Elevation "woo-hoo"s?

Back
Top Bottom