OMG Would you watch this ever? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 08:23 AM
C&C Music Factory were also called out for having a different singer actually doing the singing - Martha Walsh (or was it Wash?)an amazing singer who wasn't as camera friendly (i.e., heavy). And then a skinny, more camera friendly woman in their videos.

As for Ashlee and other pop stars, it's no secret that a lot of those who aren't strong singers per se use a lot of backing tracks or other "help" on their records or live.

Milli Vanilli didn't even do a lick of their singing, if I recall correctly. Maybe their situation blew up so badly because they were the first huge stars to be called out on it. Heck, they won a GRAMMY. You shouldn't win a Grammy if you're not singing.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Yep, I remember that C&C business...and Martha wasn't bad looking, a little thick yeah but since when is that a bad thing? She left C&C and released some stuff on her own or with another group, can't remember - but I definitely saw a video with her in it.

Speaking of lip-syncing, did anyone ever confirm whether or not Bono was singing the Elevation "woo-hoo"s?