OMG-Winona Ryder Was Arrested!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
BEVERLY HILLS (Reuters) - Actress Winona Ryder, the star of ''Girl, Interrupted'' was arrested on Wednesday night at a posh Beverly Hills department store for shoplifting ``numerous'' items of clothing, police said on Thursday.

The 30-year-old actress known for her performances of troubled adolescents was charged with grand theft and possession of prescription drugs without a prescription, Beverly Hills police spokeswoman Stephanie Ochoa said.

Ryder was released on $20,000 bail Wednesday night shortly before midnight, Ochoa said.

The alleged shoplifting took place at the Saks Fifth Avenue store on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills in the heart of one of the most expensive shopping districts in the nation.

Police said they received a call around 7 p.m. from security personnel at the store who told them that they had detained Ryder for shoplifting ``numerous items of clothing,'' Ochoa said.

In 1995 Ryder was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress for her work in ``Little Women.'' In 1994 she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for ``The Age of Innocence.''

Ryder's publicist said she had no comment, and a spokesman for Saks also declined to comment on the arrest.

I wonder if Bono knows about this.
wink.gif
Yikes!

That's bizarre. Another celebrity breakdown.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

LMFAO

It's a shame that one of the glamour queens was found shop-lifting - but they have to learn somehow
that the law does in fact, pertain to them, too. The rest of us can't afford her Fendi purses, but we don't steal them!
We just assume not buy something that is $400 that is of such frivolity. Apparently, she doesn't think so. tsk, tsk, Noni.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-13-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:

They could do an entire show on the Diff'rent Strokes cast.

~U2Alabama

LOL
icon37.gif

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

One assumes money is not a problem for Wanna RideHer, so perhaps she is a clinical kleptomaniac.
Or maybe she was doing research for an upcoming movie role (I can see Johnny Cochran using this defense for her if the Chewbacca defense fails.)

Say it aint soooo Winnie! say it aint sooooo...

...my dear dear Winnie... where did it all go wrong???

... I wonder if she was strip-searched!!
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

She's innocent, I tells ya!! She's innocentt..ttt.....(sobbbbbbbbb)

...I ... I just need a moment to gather myself...

I actually feel sort of sorry for her. What an idiotic and senseless thing for a multi-millionaire to do. Still, she'll pay dearly for it in the court of public opinion.

It's curious isn't it? I've known a lot of women who shoplift (far more women than men) and none of them have ever given me a good explanation of why they do it. One of the kleptos I know is the daughter of a Minister and is otherwise a wonderful human being.
Two of my ex-girlfriends (wonderful women both) startled me by admitting that they had stolen clothing and makeup in the past. The daughter of one of my favorite teachers growing up was arrested for stealing a skirt from KMArt. KMART@!?

When I was five a stole a pack of Hubba Bubba Bubble gum from a supermarket. My Dad found it and took me back to the store and forced me to turn myself in to the store manager. I never felt the urge to steal again.

MAP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:

When I was five a stole a pack of Hubba Bubba Bubble gum from a supermarket. My Dad found it and took me back to the store and forced me to turn myself in to the store manager. I never felt the urge to steal again.

MAP
The lesson learned is : always go for the Bubble Yum.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Back
Top Bottom