Olympic Gold medal for the Netherlands! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2002, 07:11 AM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Olympic Gold medal for the Netherlands!

Hello,

I want to congratulate Marjorie van der Bunt with her gold medal at the Olympics in Salt Lake City. She was first in the biathlon, and that for a country that has hardly ever snow and almost no hills! I think she did a tremendous job, one of which I'm very proud.

Well done!

Marty

P.S. For those who are wondering if I'm not a bit late with this, please remember that there are still Olympic Games. Last Thursday the Paralympics started, for athletes with disabilities.

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle
__________________

__________________
Popmartijn is online now  
Old 03-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn:
Hello,

I want to congratulate Marjorie van der Bunt with her gold medal at the Olympics in Salt Lake City. She was first in the biathlon, and that for a country that has hardly ever snow and almost no hills! I think she did a tremendous job, one of which I'm very proud.

Well done!

Marty

P.S. For those who are wondering if I'm not a bit late with this, please remember that there are still Olympic Games. Last Thursday the Paralympics started, for athletes with disabilities.


And more great news, she got a silver medal today, crosscountry.
__________________

__________________
Rono is offline  
Old 03-10-2002, 11:37 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 05:52 AM

haha, I think my head is indeed spinning! I read "Olympic Gold for the Neanderthals!"

haha, sorry!

Anyhow, congrats!
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 03-11-2002, 02:05 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

haha, I think my head is indeed spinning! I read "Olympic Gold for the Neanderthals!"
Well... the Dutch do live in cages, beat their wives, have a lot of hair and speak in an incomprehensible language.

Marty

(for the record, only the language thing is true)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle
__________________
Popmartijn is online now  
Old 03-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Was she one of the people who received a medal after the Russian skier was disqualified for drugs?

Congrats to her and all you Dutch who speak that incomprehensible language.

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!
__________________
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 02:15 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Was she one of the people who received a medal after the Russian skier was disqualified for drugs?
Nope. She won it all by herself last Thursday (and Sunday).

Quote:

Congrats to her and all you Dutch who speak that incomprehensible language.

Bedankt!

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle
__________________
Popmartijn is online now  
Old 03-13-2002, 02:19 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Here is another update.
Marjorie won her third medal yesterday as she finished second in the 10km cross-country skiing. Way to go!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle
__________________

__________________
Popmartijn is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com