Olsen Twins richer than U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeloo

War Child
I just saw it in my paper. Each Olsen Twin is worth $300 million, which is more than the estimated $100 million each U2 member is worth. HOW? U2 has been making records and touring since before they were born. U2 pay no income taxes, being Irish. U2's stuff is more expensive, and better. How did this happen?

Leeloo said:
How did this happen?

toothpaste
toothbrushes
shampoo
conditioner
curling irons
handbags
clothing
make up
styling products
shoes
books
dolls
hair accessories
jewelry
backpacks
bed sheets

have you been in a walmart lately? :|

bonosgirl84 said:

toothpaste
toothbrushes
shampoo
conditioner
curling irons
handbags
clothing
make up
styling products
shoes
books
dolls
hair accessories
jewelry
backpacks
bed sheets

have you been in a walmart lately? :|

you forgot videos ;)

Not to sound negative regarding the Olsen twins- I watched them grow up on Full House and they seem like appealling decent girls, but they're really more 'pop culture' as opposed to rock icons. I would say that the U2's vast expenses for tours etc eats up a chunk, plus the money is actually split 5 ways with Paul McGuinness, plus their number of philanthropic/ charitable contributions, some of which we likely don't even hear about.... Plus U2 have families to support, likely have money invested in funds for their children's futures etc.

Olsen twins are both under 18, have no expenses of their own. They can just let the money sit and accumulate. They have themselves in every market possible, and it's easy to make money when you get all that revenue and have nothing to spend it on.

I'd like to see how the Olsen twins would do if they had to finance something like Popmart.

I read that, and in the rest of the story, they said the twins are counting the day when they reach their 18th b-day- 197 days, next June. When they are 18, they plan to go to Columbia University, but also invest in their own film making company and put out movies. So it looks like with making movies, their money will only multiply, if they are successful.

Last edited:
:ohmy: That's pretty crazy. I remember seeing Two of a Kind for the first time when I was in the US and everyone laughed at me 'cause I didn't know who they were. :reject: They're getting to be pretty famous over here too now - they have this clothing line in ASDA (which is owned by Walmart) and a make-up brand and all sorts of other stuff.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
:ohmy: That's pretty crazy. I remember seeing Two of a Kind for the first time when I was in the US and everyone laughed at me 'cause I didn't know who they were. :reject: They're getting to be pretty famous over here too now - they have this clothing line in ASDA (which is owned by Walmart) and a make-up brand and all sorts of other stuff.

I remeber seeing Two of a Kind on uk disney channel too and not knowing who they were, then they brought their movies out and suddenly they were huge over here too, i then later found out on the net that they have been famous since they were babies in usa :)

i love two of a kind :eek: but the other show the have and their movies suck :p

the make up and the shampooo is very nice actually ;)

Good on them. They've had good help making them very successful young ladies. I personally am not a fan of them, but congrats to them both.
:shrug:

how old are they?

ok, i googled it and there's actually a silly little countdown thing until they turn 18. :laugh: :shifty:

frankly i can't believe that they're around my age and earning 100000000x more than I do. oh, sure, money's the root of all evil, but hey think of all the cds i could buy....:shifty:

i need an agent. :hmm:

See, this is why I'm not wealthy: the Olsen twins took all my money. Lousy thieving celebs.

If you saw their countdown, you will know they are seventeen and a half, and a week or two and counting. They were born in June 1986.

Yes U2 pay no income tax in Ireland because they are artists. Ditch diggers, toilet scrubbers in Ireland pay taxes, rock stars, artists and actors do not. If they are taxed on the stuff they do in the US, I don't know. I'm not into finance. That's why they have Paul McGuiness. I think they do have to pay property taxes on their homes in Dublin though, and their cars. However, not paying personal income tax is a HUGE advantage to Irish stars, considering most American, British and other citizens lose 50-90% of their earnings to their govenment and U2 does not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom