Oldest album/song in your collection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
d'oh!

i think i just watched that one. maybe i really am a 40 year old man and alzheimer's is starting early.

I think the oldest recording I have is The Shadows' Greatest Hits. The compilation is somewhat recent, but the oldest song was recorded in 1960.

I also have loads of Shadows cassettes lying around that are probably quite old (again, in terms of the age of the music on them).

LJT said:
I have always wondered if you took say an album like The Joshua Tree or even Achtung Baby, or Purple Rain or Dark Side of the Moon, or Revolver and so on, and played them in the 1800s or the 1500s etc, what would people think?

I'd like to go back in time and play some death metal to Jesus.

The oldest song i've got i think is Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues.

don't know what year it's from. the 50's i guess. cool song though.

oldest album on vinyl.. could be it predates the beatles albums is chuck berry, originally released singles on mercury, pickwick put out the album. dunno which year though.

all the robert jonhson stuff and the ld folkways records with jelly roll morton etc. are on vinyl released later or on cds, so since its not the original,..

the oldest song in my collection? first i thought of bach.. but I think i got some gregorian chorals; so that must date back to 600 AC. no, i don´t have ancient greek music at home. i don´t like lyra solos.

I've got a hippy in my university halls who claims to be a fan of medieval music, likes monks chanting and all that. He's a bit wierd. And dare i say if he was a U2 fan and visited interference.com he'd win this competition hands down lol

The oldest album in my personal record collection is the Donny Osmond album from 1972.

The oldest album in my sister's record collection is the original Beatles "Twist and shout" from 1964. We also have 4 original Monkee records.

lol.....why do I suddenly feel like a resident of Jurassic Park?

:D

Revolver (1966)
Face to Face (1966)

Since 1966 music became really good IMO. The Brittish invasion.
I don't like music before that time, maybe some beatles albums Rubber Soul or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom