old simpsons rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i hate all old simpsons episodes. they werent funny. "dont have a cow man" or "eat my shorts" could never have been funny, even in 1993.

i mean, why do they have to keep showing them on tv?

there must be like 8 seasons worth of great shows where it looks like an adult drew the pictures with skill and design compared to the child who drew the first couple of seasons with a crayon.

lets kill the simpsons.

Last edited:
Poster_3966.jpg

Actually Matt Groening can't even stomach the early stuff- we have the 1st season DVD and he and Mel Brooks tried to watch an old episode and they just kinda walked out disgusted. He knows they suck compared to how they are now. :shrug:

really, bonoslave? i hate that name, but ill call you that anyway...as it is your name. :angry:

no more sexywinking for me.

:sexywink: just kidding...

sicy, that was sooooo lame...but funny only cause...well...its making fun of yours truly.

and yes, the simpsons do rule, but the old ones are just OFF-UHL.

*read further down

I agree...I believe it's the first two seasons that really bite, especially because the voices for the characters were slightly different, and their "personalities" weren't as established...hopefully they put out the other seasons on DVD soon (they only have the first two out now) so I can relive some of that Simpsons humor anytime, not just for an hour or so on TV.

Zoomerang96 said:
really, bonoslave? i hate that name, but ill call you that anyway...as it is your name. :angry:

So sorry it displeases you darling - here are some acceptable alternatives:

Beth
Bethany
Bethy
Bep
BLS

Any of those any better? :sexywink:

I agree
lately on cbc they've been showing the old ones

granted there are some places where it's alright such as when the simpson get lost in the woods.

but the voices are cruddy and the dialogue is pretty bad

Homer: "Don't let the bed bugs bite"
Bart: "bed bugs?"

har har
h
a
r

I love cbc...
that gives me a good idea

you're such an anus basstrap

yes i agree that the first and second season sucked... well, the 2nd has some ok lines....

ok i can't remember. but it was when Lionel Hutz first came in and other sweet, sweet characters.

oh yeah! this one is great:
Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.
--Okay, Mr. Burns, uh, what's your first name?
Homer: ...I don't know.

they way he says it makes it, ok?

Last edited:
Re: you're such an anus basstrap

mocool12 said:

Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.
--Okay, Mr. Burns, uh, what's your first name?
Homer: ...I don't know.

I love that bit.

I'm a total Simpson's junkie. I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms if I go more than a day without seeing an episode.

The Simpsons rule! Although some of the early seasons are hard to watch. Here's a line from a recent episode

Homer: I dont have an anger problem
Lisa: Dad, you have a problem with rage
Homer(crying): Youre right, Im a ragaholic!!! Im addicted to rageahol!
Thats close at least....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha boomcha, thats one of the best episodes! that part was really funny that you mentioned, but marge or homer also calls the library libary...i know that doesnt sound funny here, but seeing it is epic.

:angry:

also, i believe thats the same one where theyre at the apple factory or whatever, and it starts off with them running into the flanders'. flanders keeps talking and homer just collapses, brilliant!

my favorite episode is probably the one where they go to new york. one washroom for the two twin towers...how unfortunate.

crab juice or mountain dew?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeech...crab juice.

kaukalash :angry:

i hate writing.

:angry:

Zoomerang96 said:
haha boomcha, thats one of the best episodes! that part was really funny that you mentioned, but marge or homer also calls the library libary...i know that doesnt sound funny here, but seeing it is epic.

you are correct:shifty:

Last edited:
Your threads are like car crashs. They are bad and all but you drive by and hope to see blood.

theres nothing wrong with this thread.

there is, however, something wrong with you. the fact that your a piece of cabbage mixed with dirt. i.s.. go,o.day.

This is the best thread ever made. Simpsons are the best.

Fav quote:

Comic Guy: The worst episode ever, rest aserd i was on the internet within minutes regeristing my disgust throughout the world!!!

Oh and for you simpsons junkies does anyone remember when hommer goes into the real world> or was i just really high!

Homer: *singin' along to "Tubthumping"*

"I drink a whiskey drink!
I drink a chocolate drink!
And if I have to pee,
I use the kitchen sink!!"

Homer : "When I was seventeen
I drank some very good beer
I drank some very good beer I purchased
With a fake ID
My name was Brian McGee
I stayed up listening to Queen
When I was seventeen"

Lisa: *sigh* "So many times we've seen Dad go under the knife..."

Marge: "One more and I get a free hysterectomy!!"

bonoman said:
This is the best thread ever made. Simpsons are the best.

Fav quote:

Comic Guy: The worst episode ever, rest aserd i was on the internet within minutes regeristing my disgust throughout the world!!!

Oh and for you simpsons junkies does anyone remember when hommer goes into the real world> or was i just really high!

I love Comic Guy....OMD. :laugh:

Yes, I remember that one, and no, you weren't high. :der:

I love the one where Lisa thinks she's doomed to grow stupid and Homer brings her all the male Simpsons and they figure out it's a male thing and that Bart will end up really stupid. lol

I also love the one about Maggie being born. "Do It For Her", wasn't it something like that that was spelled out after Homer pasted pictures of her all over his station at work?

I love Lisa, she's my favorite. And when they took one episode away every weekday I was seriously crushed. Now I only get 5 episodes per week, plus the one on Sundays.

Here's another one...

Homer: "Twenty dollars? Aww, I wanted a peanut!"
Brain: "$20 can buy many peanuts."
Homer: "Explain how!"
Brain: "Money can be exchanged for goods and services."
Homer: "Whoo-hoo!"

There's a cool site my friend gave me that has a few Homer quotes...even some references to what show they're from...and there's a book, too, that has (almost) every episode w/ key moments, actors, characters and the like...a must have for Simpsons fans.

Back
Top Bottom