Old-School Sesame Street "Dangerous" to Kids Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine/18wwln-medium-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&oref=slogin

What they did to us was hard-core. Man, was that scene rough. The masonry on the dingy brownstone at 123 Sesame Street, where the closeted Ernie and Bert shared a dismal basement apartment, was deteriorating. Cookie Monster was on a fast track to diabetes. Oscar’s depression was untreated. Prozacky Elmo didn’t exist.

It really shows how much times have changed. But is it really good to overprotect kids? I mean, millions of kids watched Sesame from the late 60s until its recent changes, and no one is totally screwed up from watching it.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I bet Cookie Monster eats soy and tofu now.
Well he certainly wouldn't be eating cookies with all their evil trans-fats :no:

I'm surprised no one has tried marketing plastic bubbles for parents to keep their kids in :hmm: They would sell like hot cakes!

Moonlit_Angel said:
I saw that earlier today. We get freaked out over the weirdest things nowadays, I swear to god... Seriously, how on earth did previous generations survive?

It's a TV show, mmkay? Turn it off if it bothers you. Pretty simple solution.

Angela

NO KIDDING!!!

Who can watch the Smurfs anymore? Or the Little Mermaid? It's all pretty sick when your mind is so far down in the gutter that it can barely see clearly through the sewage. :slant:

Besides, I watched Sesame Street for years, and look how I turned out! :hyper:

Oh how pathetic:(
When I have kids I'm going to get hold of all the 'old school' Sesame Street I can for them...not that I've watched the 'new' sesame street, but I just don't "get" any of the kids shows now:no:

...I must be getting old....

Back
Top Bottom