old school nickelodeon game show appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alannis Morrisette in the lockers

86p_368.jpg

what a great thread!
My faves were: Salute Your Shorts, Rocko's Modern Life, Welcome Freshman and Hey Dude. :D I remember Fifteen quite well, too. :) Ahhh when Nick was good!

I :heart:'d You Can't Do That.... and yes, DMP - I remember Turkey TV very well. Danger Mouse was another favorite.

Ahh... summer vacations spent in the AC watching satellite television - those were the days! :D

Carek1230 said:
I remember Salute Your Shorts!

One of the kids in Salute Your Shorts is in the band Rilo Kiley now. They opened for Coldplay and I had no idea until one of the guys behind me yelled "THAT'S THE KID FROM SALUTE YOUR SHORTS".

Sure enough, it was.

inmyplace13 said:

One of the kids in Salute Your Shorts is in the band Rilo Kiley now. They opened for Coldplay and I had no idea until one of the guys behind me yelled "THAT'S THE KID FROM SALUTE YOUR SHORTS".

Sure enough, it was.

are you serious???? wow...I wonder which one...

u2_girlie_2002 said:

are you serious???? wow...I wonder which one...

oh Pinsky! :D

this is a great SYS site...been here many a time. Anywho, here's a link to the image gallery. Click on the 4th set and go through the slide show. He's in there :)

sys pics

inmyplace13 said:

Sure enough, it was.

is that the same kid from " boy meets world", cause years ago, we played a show with them in Hollywood, and one of the guys was the " lackie" in Boy meets world.

holy crap! no way. now that I think of it the really short guitar player looks like the small lackey from BMW. And the big one is on my name is earl :wink:
I loved old school nick games :drool:
The hidden temple one was prrobably my favorite. I always rooted for the silver snakes :D
I watched lots of their shows because it was getting really popular when I was a kid. I had a crush on Kel from Keenan and Kel :lmao:
I loooove orange soda

Pinwheel!!! :heart:

I'm not sure if this was on Nickelodeon too, but The Great Space Coaster?

There was also something else, I think it was Nick, but it was like a claymation town show, it was always wintery and snowing, but I remember being completely riveted by it as a kid.

Great Thread!

You Cant Do That On Television, Fifteen, Double Dare - wow, very nostalgic.
Who can forget Ren and Stimpy!! I just bought their first episode on DVD... great stuff.

I forgot Alanis was on that show... I wonder where the rest of them are now. Wasn't her boyfriend Ryan Reynolds on fifteen too?

u2bonogirl said:

I loooove orange soda

I do I do I do I dooooooo

Aww, here it goes

DeadMansParty said:

is that the same kid from " boy meets world", cause years ago, we played a show with them in Hollywood, and one of the guys was the " lackie" in Boy meets world.

Yup, same guy

mdw3935 said:

He always kind of reminded me of Schneider from that tv show "One Day At A Time".

Ann: Dammit, Julie. I'm a single mother doing the best damn job she knows how. And dammit Schneider! I asked you to fix that damn sink two days ago!

Schneider: Oh, I'll fix your sink Ms. Romano. And by fix your sink, I mean I'll have sex with you. And by have sex with you, I mean I'll fix your sink. And by sink, I mean your reproductive organ. And by reproductive organ, I mean the thing between your knees. And by the thing between your knees, I-- well, I guess that one's pretty self explanatory.

inmyplace13 said:

Ann: Dammit, Julie. I'm a single mother doing the best damn job she knows how. And dammit Schneider! I asked you to fix that damn sink two days ago!

Schneider: Oh, I'll fix your sink Ms. Romano. And by fix your sink, I mean I'll have sex with you. And by have sex with you, I mean I'll fix your sink. And by sink, I mean your reproductive organ. And by reproductive organ, I mean the thing between your knees. And by the thing between your knees, I-- well, I guess that one's pretty self explanatory.

:lmao:

This made me laugh wayyyyy more than it should have. :wink:

I was gonna make one of these myself. They really need to make a 'Nickelodeon Classic' channel - there's much more than game shows...

Are You Afraid Of The Dark(1992-1996)
The Secret World Of Alex Mack(1994-1998)
All That(1995-2005)(only need the first few years, 95-98 or som sucked after kenan&kel left)
Kenan&Kel(1996-1999)
Roundhouse(1992)
You Can't Do That On Television(1979-1990)
Salute Your Shorts(1991-1992)
Welcome Freshman(1991-1993)
The Adventures Of Pete & Pete(1993-1996)
Clarissa Explains It All(1991-1994)
Hey Dude(1989-1991)
Fifteen(1990-1993)
The Journey Of Allen Strange(1997-2000)
Double Dare(1986-1988)
Family Double Dare(1989-1993)
What Would You Do(1991-1993)
Get The Picture(1991-1993)
Nick Arcade(1992)
Wild And Crazy Kids(1990-1992)
Legends Of The Hidden Temple(1993-1995)
Guts(1992-1995)
Inspector Gadget(1983-1986)
Heathcliff(1980-1987)
Rugrats(First few years)
Doug(ORIGINAL 1991-1994)
The Ren&Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life
David The Knome
Eureeka's Castle
Looney Tunes On Nickelodeon
Tiny Tunes Adventures

there is an online petition to get those shows on dvd, and I guess from reading around a bit, I dont think we will be seeing the great YCDTOTV on dvd anytime soon.

What-what-what would you do was a personal favorite of mine. Mark Summers was so wacky and the pie contraptions were just inspiring.

Nick Arcade was cool because the kids actually went inside the video game... Awesome

Legends of the Hidden Temple was great but the Temple Guard freaked me out (and they took your pendants of life. aaah!)

I was never a big fan of Wild and Crazy Kids, Guts was so much cooler. Moon Boots rule!

I like Figure It Out even tho its a little to recent to call a "classic". Summer Sanders is a babe tho, any way you look at it. and the "charade bragade" had some true talent.

namkcuR said:
I was gonna make one of these myself. They really need to make a 'Nickelodeon Classic' channel - there's much more than game shows...

Are You Afraid Of The Dark(1992-1996)

You Can't Do That On Television(1979-1990)

Clarissa Explains It All(1991-1994)

Double Dare(1986-1988)
Family Double Dare(1989-1993)

Legends Of The Hidden Temple(1993-1995)

Inspector Gadget(1983-1986)

Rugrats(First few years)
Doug(ORIGINAL 1991-1994)
The Ren&Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life

Those were my favorites. I remember The B-52's did the theme song for Rocko's Modern Life.

Rocko is still funny, trust me. After watching it recently when I had nothing to do, I noticed that there are a lot of jokes in it aimed at adults, sometimes pretty vulgar stuff too. Just cleverly disguised.

Count Duckula
Danger Mouse
Turkey Television
Pinwheel
David the gnome
Todays special
you cant do that on television
and lets not forget Mr Wizard

I would have to say that those were my faves, oh yeah, and Dangermouse

Was "Little Bits" the cartoon on Nickelodeon, too or was that on Disney? I loved that one. It was second after David the Gnome

Back
Top Bottom